We had a great family holiday. Although on arrival we were told the hotel was full and we had been upgraded. We were a little dubious having booked 2 beach front rooms as my son & 4 yr old grandson were with us.. It turned out that we were given a beautiful villa on Mamora Bay.This was truly breathtaking.2 large bedrooms both with bathrooms & showers.kitchen/dining room/lounge, patio +BBQ. 4 steps and on the beach. Fully equipped even with children's toys etc. watching the sun set was amazing. the setting was like breathtaking and would recommend anyone asking for an upgrade to a villa. The bay was shallow and calm. Ideal from babies to adults. Had we been in the beach front rooms they are on the Atlantic side where the sea is very rough and not ideal with children. Basically a room with a bathroom small patio or balcony. Would not have liked being in one of those. Not worth the extra money.
The meals were ok and a little repetitive.not much entertainment and everything seemed to close down around 10pm. We all had a lovely holiday but felt that the staff could has been a little less robotic and made an effort to get to know there guests. On leaving I don't think any member of staff except our maid even knew we had stayed there. Would return to the island but not this hotel.Thoroughly recommend the Excellence Catermaran trip with snorkelling that was wonderfull. The staff were friendly great atmosphere lunch was delicious snorkelled on a deserted beach or lazed around for a while before cruising back. A relaxing holiday in a lovely setting but not able to walk anywhere off site and around 40 mins to get anywhere by taxi. Need to know anymore please ask me. We stayed for 8 days before flying on to Barbados to see more Cricket which was lovely my review on the Turtle Beach in Barbados is well worth reading and worth a 5* rating.hope you enjoyed my report and should you go have a lovely time. We have lots of happy memories of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay