Well, we are home from our 15th or 16th holiday at St James (we have lost count!) As ever, the resort looks magnificent, the staff are overwhelmingly lovely people, and we had a marvellous time.
I would like to correct the impressions given by selodka in a previous review, about amenities being non-existent. There is a list of daily activities posted in the reception area which everybody can take part in.
They start at 7.15am with a guided walk around the grounds and gardens, followed by a stretch class at 8.15 on the water's edge - very relaxing. This is often followed by pilates or yoga, then there is water aerobics in the main pool.
There are lots of different watersports available, with or without tuition, and a weekly regatta. There is volleyball on the beach every day. There are cookery classes, rum tastings, I think I even heard a bingo session!
There are films being shown in the cinema, and every evening there is a singer or band in the Docksider bar area until 10pm, usually very good and entertaining.
There are tennis courts, and a tennis pro. There is a gym. There is an area with table tennis, another one with snooker tables.
I am wondering if selodka stayed in the same resort as I do?
Congratulations to Mr Barrett, and his management team for maintaining the lovely atmosphere and facilities of his beautiful resort. The many, many returners are surely testament to the effort that is put in to make our holiday so enjoyable.
Jackie and Colin Dickenson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, BookIt.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay