We were there the first two weeks of august 2013 for two. We were in a beach front room on the ground floor, so we had direct access to the beach. The view was super, and I loved listenning to the sea when I am in bed.
The weather was superb, we only had a small storm one afternoon.
The hotel facilities are very good, and there is quite a lot to do. The spa is new and treatments are good. The restaurants are good. It is worst booking at Picolo as the service and the food are top. We went there every few nights. It is quieter, and the lobster was excellent.
The beach was great, and Alfred keeps bringing drinks to you....... It is fab and he is really friendly.
The "negative" points are : 1) coffee.... Very weak and bitter, they should really upgrade on the brand as I think that is a very important point, especially at breakfast. 2) the breakfast..... A farce! So unorganised...... 3) it is our second time in Antigua, and we stayed at a different resort last time. This time we felt that the staff was generally not friendly. We can count the nice ones on one hand...
To conclude, great place to stay as a family, we had a very relaxing holiday. I would be prepare to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your St. James's Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club Antigua/Mamora Bay