“Excellent Resort!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mamora Bay
Mesa, Arizona
“Excellent Resort!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My Husband and I recently chose St. James Club to get married and it was wonderful! St. James Club made our weddingmoon very special.

We stayed from April 6th to the 13th of 2013. First I should say that the resort and the location is absolutely gorgeous. We stayed in a beach front room. We could step on the beach from our back porch! The view from our room was amazing and the room was clean and had updated furniture.

The staff was all very friendly, including the taxi drivers. Paula did a wonderful job as our wedding planner, she took care of everything, even arrangements for the photographer. Our officiant was great and made us feel comfortable. Our photographer Ted was fun to work with. and took great pictures. We got to choose our location to get married and we chose a gazebo over looking the Atlantic ocean. Our wedding was definitely memorable.

The resort has two sides, the Atlantic side and the bay side. The Bay side has the water sports center. We were able to Kayak and snorkel which was a fun experience. We also took a Catamaran cruise excursion around the island which was amazing. The island is very beautiful. The boat also stopped for a snorkeling trip and we saw so many tropical fish!

We also took a taxi to Shirley Heights. The view from here was amazing and we got lots of great pictures. The jerk BBQ chicken was awesome and the entertainment was great at Shirley Heights.

The food at the resort is good, but got kind of old after a week even though it's a different theme every night. Caribbean night was fun at Docksiders though, they had a steel band playing which was fun to listen to. We did pay the extra to eat at the Piccolo Mondo restaurant one day which was well worth it. The lobster was fabulous. We never had a problem finding a seat to eat at anywhere. The only thing that irritated us was the dress code and Docksiders. My husband was wearing a nice dress shirt and they made him go back and change because the shirt did not have a collar on it.

Overall, we had a great time! The resort was very laid back and relaxing. If you are looking for a resort with lots of entertainment, there is not a lot of it, but this did not bother us because we had a very relaxing vacation. We never had a problem finding a chair on the beach and it was not crowded like some resorts are. If we ever come back to Antigua, we would definitely come back to St. James Club.

Room Tip: It is well worth it to get a beach front room! You won't regret it. We stayed in the Pineapple R...
1 Thank Bor0Gurl04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,007)
  • Greek first
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I were at this resort from the 9th to the 16th of February. Normally we are used to a bit of a larger resort however St. James Club was absolutely amazing. This resort is so well cared for. The scenery of the ocean was gorgeous. We stayed in the Royal Suite and it was stunning. The room was immaculate. I got to get up every morning and walk out my door to an amazing view. The maids kept the room clean. I had read that someone thought this resort was not well cared for. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. Wonderful staff there.

My husband and I tried all of the restaurants and let me tell you that every meal was delicious. I liked the variety also. I really like the little hut on the beach where you could get a hot dog or burger if you were hungry and just wanted to lie on the beach. We were on the beach and even had a little cart come up to us to see if we needed anything.

The people in this resort were also fantastic. If there was any issues they were dealt with immediately however let me just say that I had one issue in one week and I would like to say that a Mr. Robert Barrett went out of his way to correct.

We also went to St. James markets and it was fantastic. I would also highly suggest that anyone go and see Barbuda it was breathtaking. Also swim with the Stingrays was great.

My husband and I are also scuba diving and we went with Jolly Harbour. They were amazing.

I would highly suggest this resort to anyone and I will definately go back again and who knows maybe next year.

Thanks St. James for the wonderful week.

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful with a nice balcony view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wendy154980
Lincroft, NJ
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed (via an Interval trade) 4/5-4/12. The vacation club villas are a little dated in terms of decor, but it's in decent shape, and very spacious for a family of four or maybe even six if you have two small ones to put on the pullout. Two nice-size patios, but furniture only on the upper deck. I think we were in #437. A TV in the living room and each bedroom. Most of the channels I get at home (New Jersey).

We didn't opt for the all-inclusive and only had lunch there a couple of times, so I have no opinion of the restaurants. The lunches were fine; average.

The kitchen is fully equipped, but if you have multiple things to cook you may need an extra pot or pan. One of everything.

The staff was very friendly. There was housekeeping every day, and she did an ok job. Floors always felt gritty and feet got dirty pretty quickly, but who cares, you're at the beach! Some things were not taken care of but were if I left a note (more tissues, sugar, tea, etc.) They provide coffee/tea/sugar packets with the coffee maker.

We could not seem to find a "regular supermarket," so we had to settle for the one in Cobb's Cross. I think it was called Bailey's. Basic stuff, but all we needed were breakfast items. We also could not seem to find any delis around so we had to make sure we knew where lunch places were in our travels. The St. James did offer box lunches, but a quick glance at the offerings seemed to indicate you needed to order minimum six. I could be wrong on that.

There is a nice selection of water vehicle offerings on the beach (hobie cats, kayaks, stand-up kayaks kind of like paddle boarding, etc.)

I would recommend this, especially for families.

Be aware that this is really tucked into the southeast corner of the island, so if you want to get around you really do need a car. The maps are basic so instinct is a must! Our GPS really didn't help much, except to let us know the direction we were heading. The GPS app on the phone was a little better. Just leave time to get where you want to go, persevere, and ask directions if you think you are lost. Folks are very nice and understanding.

Room Tip: We were in villa 437, which is on the top level. So it's the longest walk down to the beach (a...
1 Thank RinaD
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just spent a glorious week at St. James's Club and everything was superb especially the staff of the club who were so friendly and helpful on all occasions. With smiles and warmth that truly made us feel welcome. The amenities are excellent from the rooms to the bay activities. We took advantage of the spa and it was very good but it is just getting started so it is not fully built out to accomodate all the normal services one would expect. Having said that the massages were excellent and performed at a level of a highly rated facility. The food was good but the high end restaurant Piccolo Mondo did disappoint with some bland food that was not what I expected. They will need to take this up a notch to make it worth the extra cost. The biggest asset of this resort are the staff and the location.

Room Tip: The reef rooms are great with the ocean breezes.
London, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Amazing beaches at this resort. Excellent quality food and drinks. Rooms are average but with great ocean views. Staff is very helpful and polite. I found the beds very hard with low quality mattresses which is my only complaint. The food and drinks are very expensive if you don't buy all inclusive package. I would recommend this resort and hope to go back again sometime.

2 Thank canduro
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went to this place and from the moment we arrived, i knew we picked up the right place to be.. we had 6 kids and 6 adults.. The place is GREAAT!!!! the Staff really makes this place.. Every single staff was just awesome, very friendly.. I felt like they were part of my family.. Specific staff, especially Keeta in the Rainbow garden restaurant, Traci from the Dock siders Grill and Glenn the Chef were Awesome, these guys worked extremely hard and went out of the way to facilitate our group... Chef made special food for us vegetarians - Roti, chick peas, Pizza, thai food.. I mean, these guys really go out of their way to accomodate.... The pools are really nice, fitness room is very clean at all times, our room was cleaned everyday. non motor sports were just awesome, we did kayaking, sailboating, paddle boating. Staff actually came out and taught us how to sail which i though was greatt.. The kids just a great time and didn't want to leave from the place; although we were there for 6 days - it was just short.. Really really enjoyed the place and would definately recommend St. James to friends and family...

5 Thank Chet C
Leicester
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed at SJC over the Easter break with my daughter. Fabulous views from our balcony over 'windy beach'. The room was very comfortable and spacious and quiet! The food was excellent and having tried 3 of the 4 restaurants, I found the food faultless. The beaches were well maintained and quiet. It was so refreshing not to have loud music blaring! Hotel staff could not have been more courteous and helpful. I would recommend the trip to swim with Stingrays. $60 in a taxi (return) takes you out to Stingray City where the guides take you out to a reef where the Rays are! Amazing experience!
Would love to come back with my family as this is a Carribean resort hard to beat! Loved it!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms had a great view!
4 Thank gracedior
#1 of 1 in Five Islands Village
Cocobay Resort
Cocobay Resort
#1 of 3 in Bolans

Been to St. James's Club & Villas? Share your experiences!