My Husband and I recently chose St. James Club to get married and it was wonderful! St. James Club made our weddingmoon very special.
We stayed from April 6th to the 13th of 2013. First I should say that the resort and the location is absolutely gorgeous. We stayed in a beach front room. We could step on the beach from our back porch! The view from our room was amazing and the room was clean and had updated furniture.
The staff was all very friendly, including the taxi drivers. Paula did a wonderful job as our wedding planner, she took care of everything, even arrangements for the photographer. Our officiant was great and made us feel comfortable. Our photographer Ted was fun to work with. and took great pictures. We got to choose our location to get married and we chose a gazebo over looking the Atlantic ocean. Our wedding was definitely memorable.
The resort has two sides, the Atlantic side and the bay side. The Bay side has the water sports center. We were able to Kayak and snorkel which was a fun experience. We also took a Catamaran cruise excursion around the island which was amazing. The island is very beautiful. The boat also stopped for a snorkeling trip and we saw so many tropical fish!
We also took a taxi to Shirley Heights. The view from here was amazing and we got lots of great pictures. The jerk BBQ chicken was awesome and the entertainment was great at Shirley Heights.
The food at the resort is good, but got kind of old after a week even though it's a different theme every night. Caribbean night was fun at Docksiders though, they had a steel band playing which was fun to listen to. We did pay the extra to eat at the Piccolo Mondo restaurant one day which was well worth it. The lobster was fabulous. We never had a problem finding a seat to eat at anywhere. The only thing that irritated us was the dress code and Docksiders. My husband was wearing a nice dress shirt and they made him go back and change because the shirt did not have a collar on it.
Overall, we had a great time! The resort was very laid back and relaxing. If you are looking for a resort with lots of entertainment, there is not a lot of it, but this did not bother us because we had a very relaxing vacation. We never had a problem finding a chair on the beach and it was not crowded like some resorts are. If we ever come back to Antigua, we would definitely come back to St. James Club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay