I just returned from my friend's wedding at the St. James Club resort. The grounds are beautiful. The restaurant staff, especially, was really attentive and nice. Shout out to Hyacinth and Lisa in the Rainbow restaurant. I stayed in a suite near the waterfall pool. The suite was very spacious, clean and nice. The bathroom was huge. The balcony was very nice as well.
Mamora Bay was very nice, warm and calm. The water is not as clear as I'm used to in the Caribbean. But, Coco Beach had very blue water. It had very rough waves, however. Overall, Mamora Bay was great and a fun place to hang out.
Rainbow and Docksider restaurants were very good. The food was very well seasoned and very good. I thought the selection of food was good. The drinks were delicious! I especially like the rum punch served.
The wedding was gorgeous! We had the best time! A fun time was had by all. The only complaint I have is in regards to the onsite wedding coordinator. She was nowhere to be seen for most of the wedding ceremony set up. The bride and groom's family set up the ceremony and reception locations. As soon as the bride and groom made their entrance at the reception she left. Very odd behavior, indeed.
Anyway, overall, I would highly recommend this resort! It's beautiful. The staff, for the most part, is very helpful and friendly. The suites are very nice and comfortable. The food was very good! Drinks were yummy. Two thumbs up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay