St. James's Club & Villas
The Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
$235
Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
$315
Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$189
$180
Orbitz.com
South Point Antigua(English Harbour)
$655
Hotels.com
Nonsuch Bay Resort(Freetown)(Great Value!)
$376
Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
$725
$575
$726
$296
  • Breakfast included
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
$832
$700
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
$1,504
HotelQuickly
3,599 results
All reviewswater sportspiccolo mondoatlantic siderainbow gardena la cartest jamesbeachfront roombeach frontper personall inclusive packageshirley heightsroyal suitenightly entertainmenttennis courtscatamaran tripbay beachgreat resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just back from celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary at the St. James's Club. A perfect choice!

The St. James's Club is on Mamora Bay with the unique advantage of having access to the bay beaches (swimming, kayacking, sailing, dining,etc.) and the Atlantic Ocean beach where you can swim and sun. Our room was large and clean with a spacious double-sink bathroom, AC and ceiling fan.

All inclusive package is a great value. Multiple beachside and poolside bars (check out the view at the Reef Bar), on-beach bar cart and restaurant bar service always near by.

For dining, typical buffet breakfast and lunch offerings. Impressed by dinner table service with a menu selection that changed every night we were there. Food was well prepared with acceptable service. Did not go to the fancier Piccollo Mondo restaurant with its $35 surcharge per person for the fine fining menu.

Some entertainment provided by various musicians/bands and the evening DJ in the disco. Overall a pretty mellow place.

Strong British influence (and lots of friendly Brits) here. We came to look forward to the outdoor 4:00 tea time.

Cost to taxi from the airport was $31 plus tip for the the 40 minute ride. St. James's Club is pretty well isolated on the southwest side of the island so don't expect much hotel hopping.

We quite enjoyed our stay. Beautiful, friendly and fun. We entered the room to find a complimentary, chilled bottle of champagne for our anniversay.

Only complaints...(1)better system for pool towels...hard to find other than at the reception desk between 8-10 AM. (2) fee for in-room wi-fi (free wi-fi only at reception lobby).

Room Tip: Oceanside rooms have great view, great breeze and easy access to beach.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Michael P
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had a wonderful vacation at St. James. The service was wonderful, Plenty of lounge chairs and never had the feeling that tipping was needed to get service like some of the other all inclusive places we go to. We were 2 adults with a 3 year old so we hung out by the pool most of the time. I chose SJC because they had a kids club which I thought would keep my little one entertained. We ended up never using it as she made friends by the pool. It was definitely a family place. Walked around and found the adult pool which was very quite and peaceful. Food flavor good, would have liked to see more variety, beach not so good with a lot of seaweed but was fine as they cleaned every morning, rooms could be a little more updated but was totally fine. The only problem I had was with the air which was never cold enough but would perform perfect when the technician shows up to fix. I would definitely consider going back again. I would recommend bringing mosquito spray.

Room Tip: Beach front room is great.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Travlil
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My Wife and I decided to book this resort for ourselves and our 2 children (10 & 8) after reading about it in various places including tripadvisor. We based the decision on the fact it had 2 beaches, it was All Inclusive and it had a Kidz Club,
Our decision to go to this resort was the right one. We went for 10 days and would have been happy to stay for some more. In summary, The beach on the Bay side was amazing. The watersports were all included and because the bay was so calm we had no problem with the kids going out on the kayaks etc. The beach was great for sun bathing and there was plenty of shade if you needed it. The Breach on the atlantic side looked nice and it was a lot more breezy but we stuck mostly to where the fun was.
The food in the restaurants was fantastic, We did not have one bad meal. There are 4 restaurants. Coco's is the casual 11am till 11pm walk in place serving burgers, ribs, subs etc. (Great for lunch)...Rainbow gardens was A la carte, the docksider was Buffet with a different them every night. We never went to the piccolo Mondo ($35 extra per head) but heard it was fantastic.
All drinks were included (The wine was very nice red or white) and the pools were excellently
looked after.
The Kidz club was open from 10 am until 11pm with a half hour break at 12.30. This means that the staff were available to take your kids at ANYTIME within these times. The staff have to stay and wait for kids even if there are non to look after. They will even feed them at 5pm (if you order by 3.30pm) as part of the package. They were amazing and our kids really enjoyed it there and made friends..
The property is very well maintained and whilst we were there they were constantly painting on parts of the property and laying cable etc which just shows that they are investing.
The only one minor blip was that we found the room a little too small for a family of 4. It was nice and clean and modern but We found the 2 double beds a little smaller than we would want and there was no seating area...Whilst a small gripe it did not spoil our wonderful 10 days and we are already planning to go back next year...we recommend you try it for yourself..

Room Tip: If Travelling with family as for a Beach front room. Apparently they are bigger!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I came down on the 25th of June for a friends wedding. I had just been here last summer & told two of my closest friends about this place. They were so impressed with my pictures & enthusiasm about my trip the last time that they decided to make arrangements to do their wedding at the St. James Club. & Upon arrival I was greeted with familiar friendly faces. The staff was superb & as always wonderful views. I stayed in the Royal St. James Suites & they are AMAZING!! Very Clean & Spacious! & was right across from the gym (double plus) Wonderful view of the bay, & my favorite time of day was sunset. My girlfriend & I would just sit & watch the sun go down & talk to one another before going to dinner. We dined at the Docksider, which is always a beauty. Participated in water aerobics at the main pool by the Rainbow Garden. There are plenty of wonderful activities to do, & I MUST MUST MUST MUST say I love the new decor of the Jacaranda! It gives you a great night life feel to it. The DJ was definitely an upgrade from the last time I was here. All in all my stay was superb.

As for my friends wedding, as we all know weddings can be very difficult to plan and coordinate, but the staff took a LOAD OFF the bride who had been so nervous about all the planning and what things would look like. And they looked wonderful, a beautiful wedding on the beach which was properly set up, with no complaints! Even mother nature cooperated & made it not so warm but just right! Beautiful sunset wedding, beautiful flowers, an amazing minister, and the reception was held at the Picolo Mondo, & that was sooo much fun! The food was very delicious, and the Cake was great & I am not into sweets, but I was definitely into this cake!

I will be back because for me this place is my stress reliever from life in New York City. & I am adapting the St. Jame's as sort of a second home & it's becoming a tradition to come down. Overall we had a delightful stay & WILL be back!

Room Tip: Royal St. James Suites are a Must
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ALLENOVERtheplace
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were very pleased with the resort on the whole. Food was brilliant 11 out of 12 nights, breakfast and lunch were absolutely fantastic every day. The choice of pools ensured our two girls aged 7 and 5 were never bored and Mamora beach was just idyllic. We would go down to the beach around 4pm most days and stay there til nearly 7pm some nights. The sea water was so warm and the sand is fine with some lovely shells to collect. One tiny gripe would be that the bars were sometimes not open til nearly 11am and with the heat we were experiencing a soft cold drink was required well before then. This really is a brilliant place for a family holiday and the Kidz Klub was an added bonus. Our children had never used a kids club before but actually wanted to visit and then spent a few mornings or afternoons there and made a number of arts and crafts objects and spoke very highly of the staff in particular Cleo and Treveia. Also all resort staff were welcoming and pleasant. This is a really friendly resort and we were even stopped a few times by the actual owner to ask how we were getting on and was there anything he could help with. We will definitely be making a return visit as soon as we can. Top notch holiday - love love loved it!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family