“Great local Guest House” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gasthof zur Linde
Gasthof zur Linde
Ranked #5 of 5 Dobel B&B and Inns
Melksham
“Great local Guest House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

After a problem with our pre booked hotel, we had to find an alternative late in the evening. This hotel could not have been more helpful and came to our rescue.
They also allowed us to park our motorcycle in their garage free of charge.
Thank you.

Mark Jaworski
Melksham, England
May 2012

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

typical German gasthouse,easily located. Very clean and tidy.
On arrival,I was very pleased to see a traditional German restaurant with rooms upstairs.The place was well maintained.However,a smile here and there would have been nice.The lady owner was trying to be pleasant but the man was quite rude at times.He twice passed me and my children carrying heavy suitcases and never once offered any help.
The possibility of an evening meal was great after a long drive, however the portions were quite miserly,especially the meat. They are happy to reccomend "spetzler"( I think ) but we did not like it even a little bit: overstodgy and overcooked pasta ,we think, with specks of bacon,we might as well have eaten bricks...Sitting outside on their terrace and sipping wine was great fun,just perfect.
There was a lovely young horse trotting in their garden in the morning which my daughters found delightfull.
The surrounding countryside was beautiful especially for keen walkers as it ties into a large network of routes. We stumbled accross a local tennis club and watched two very able couples play.That was thoroughly enjoyable and people there bothered to talk to us which was great.

Room Tip: our bedroom( above the terrace) was superior to our daughters.it was simply newer and more up to dat...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Tut mir leid, meine Deutsch ist schlecht!

Ich war wandern die Westweg und ich hatte ein Zimmer fuer die Nacht. Meine zimmer war neben die Toilette und war schoene Aussicht. Fur abendessen Ich hat hirschgulasch und flaedle suppe. Wunderbar! Und billig nach!

Fruhstuck war kostenlos und der Mann was sehr hilfreich. Sie geben mich ein regionkarte fur der Westweg. Fruhstuck war sehr lecker-- yoghurt, musli, schinken, kase, brot.... :)

Ich hatte ein wunderbar Erfahrung! Alles fur 29 EUR!

(In English now if I was WAY off in German)

I was hiking the Westweg and I had a room there for the night. My room was near the toilet and I had beautiful views. For dinner I had deer goulasch and flaedle soup, wonderful! Add cheap too!

Breakfast was free and the man was very helpful. He gave me a map of the westweg. Breakfast was tasty- yoghurt, musli, ham, cheese, bread.... :)

I had a wonderful experience-- all for 29 EUR!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo