“Lovely place for lunch! ”
Review of Kitschnbake

Kitschnbake
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Newport-on-Tay
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A fantastic addition to Newport on Tay's evolving scene created by the KitschnBake team. An eatery aware of the importance of quality products matched with friendly service. Ingredients supplied by small, local, like minded companies and staff happy to be at their work. This welcoming space has uninterrupted views over the River Tay to Dundee. Perfect for enjoying our spectatular Scottish sunsets, dolphin watching and our award winning baking.
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from lovely birthday lunch with superb home baking! Service is friendly and staff very happy to make sure you have a happy time. Thank you to all of them for my birthday meringue with a candle! They have lovely home baking and always very fresh and tasty! Keep up the great wirk

1  Thank RhonaAnderson01

Reviewed November 22, 2016 via mobile

I was working in the area and found this little cafe.

Quirky but cosy interior. Food is excellent and locally sourced. Soup I had on two occasions was very tasty and wholesome.

I didn't had a cake in here but that did look very tempting!

1  Thank RealBritbird
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Dropped in for a coffee and American Brownie lovely decor inside with a nice feel to it spotlessly clean and a warm welcome nice cakes in the display case .I did not see the menu but I think I would check it out next time I am in the area

1  Thank craigluscar
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Had been meaning to try here as had heard great things about their cakes so popped across one afternoon to give it a whirl. Unfortunately there wasn't a huge selection, one cake, a few different traybakes and I think some cheesecake, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they had had a really busy day but other places we have visited recently have had much more choice. We both had coffee which was ok but I would love it if more independent cafes such as here would use more unusual coffees rather than all plumping for Mathew algae which although tastes decent enough, is served everywhere which is like going to a costa or Starbucks for me when I really want to experience an independent cafe. The price was very reasonable and the brownie my wife had was lovely and moist. The decor is mix and match which is certainly very quirky if not to everyone's taste, but I thought it worked well in the space. Overall a very nice cafe and I would definitely visit again to see if there was more choice of cakes.

Reviewed November 11, 2016

First time visit here today.
Popped in for a late breakfast snack before heading over to Dundee.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the vast range of food that was on offer and some of the cakes that were on display - Wow! They are all home-made too!
Nice that the establishment also caters for gluten free and allergy sufferers.
I was also quite intrigued with the overall décor.
There are tables, chairs and benches outside too, which would make this a lovely spot to sit at on a nice day.
Was quite busy when I was in so I would imagine this is a popular place with the locals.

2  Thank thetravellingmanUk