“Lunch time visit”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've visited Scarlet's on a few occasions and each time have very much enjoyed the choice of food, cakes and refreshments. I particularly loved the veggie sausage roll (one of the best I've ever tasted)! Family friendly atmosphere with great customer service -recommended!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Myself and my mum visited today, my mum had £5 soup and sandwich which she couldn't finish as so full-great portion size and value for money.
I have special dietary needs which were met perfectly. This is the first I have had a suitable meal and cake since my diet change that also tasted great.
Service was great very cheerful and welcoming.
Only recommendation would be a wee bit low music
Ordered my birthday cake as well which I can't wait to collect and taste

But we will certainly be back

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Loved this place ever since my first visit! Wee bitty out the way for being Dundee, but well worth the short bus ride over the silvery Tay.
Staff make you feel so welcome as soon as you cross over the door and the choice of seating suits whether you're just popping on for a quick cuppa or a full hearty meal.
Coffee served is excellent and can compete with the likes of Starbucks/Costa etc. great selection of speciality teas too!!
Menu suits all tastes and caters for a full on hunger or just a snack. The creamy garlic mushrooms on a crostini is my absolute fave!! Amazing selection of cakes too. All baked on the premises too!
All in all Scarlets ticks all the boxes for me! It's even licensed for a cheeky glass of vino if you're in the mood ;)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A relaxing and very friendly atmosphere, the staff are welcoming and attentive at all times. I have visited at different times of the day and had the pleasure of sampling a variety of their dishes from really tasty soup made from ingredients from local suppliers to hot snacks and fabulous home baked cakes. Its hard to choose what to have as they are all so good, the iced ginger cake is to die for with pieces of real ginger and dates, it's now popular with my work mates. I have also had a chilled glass of my favourite wine served after a hard days work, bliss! Its great to have a local place to go with friends and family where you can relax and enjoy good food, my colleagues at work have recommended the steak so that's on my list next.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited Newport on a cold day in Feb, tempted by the lunchtime menu & cakes on offer specifically that day. We ordered soft drinks, coffee,traditional mince & tatties, cheeseburger & soup. Despite the relaxed atmosphere the drinks were served immediately and our the food was brought out quickly. I think we all rushed eating these to get to ordering the cakes, which had been sitting temptingly in front of us throughout...then a huge Chocolate cake was brought out of the kitchen & sliced up! Cake heaven!
Only negative was the lack of credit/debit card facilities that day which we all now take for granted. However, overall reasonably priced, great food served in an excellent atmosphere, with great coffee and cake!