Leumadir Guesthouse
$202
$309
TripAdvisor
Lochmaddy Hotel(North Uist)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Fabulous location, a really warm welcome, good home cooking - and you certainly won't go hungry - and such a relaxed and delightful atmosphere: they all make this a great place to stay in west Lewis. Don and his family make it natural to make friends with the other guests and I wish I'd stayed more than three nights. Wall-to-wall sunshine helped, but I'd really recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GilesP
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My room at Leumadir was clean and warm. The lounge and breakfast areas are welcoming and I found Don & Nita generous and engaging hosts. The quality of food, both at breakfast and evening meal, was outstanding. The value is excellent. The walk to the standing stones is a delight. I stayed a night, but like others have said, wish it had been longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank davy001
Reviewed October 6, 2011

You have to eat here. The quality and value is terrific. Huge dinner followed by substantial, well-cooked breakfast. We stayed for one night and wished it had been more.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Dbossom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This year my wife & I planned a Calmac island hopping on the Outer Hebrides. We looked for several B&B's on the "Undiscovered Scotland" site.
We stayed at Leumadair Guest House on Lewis for 2 nights.
I'm not going to repeat all the good that has already been written about the welcome/accommodation/food..., I'm just confirming it: it's all true!
Thank you Donald & Juanita.
BTW: the homemade gooseberry jam is fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you need to stay in Callanish then this is an excellent base, but it's a shame that, with the stone circle so close, there's no view of it from the guesthouse. Since the only restaurant in the area closed a couple of years ago your only choice for an evening meal is to eat in or drive to Stornoway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family