“'Excellent value & near Callanish standing stones'”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callanish
Leumadir Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 3 Callanish B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My room at Leumadir was clean and warm. The lounge and breakfast areas are welcoming and I found Don & Nita generous and engaging hosts. The quality of food, both at breakfast and evening meal, was outstanding. The value is excellent. The walk to the standing stones is a delight. I stayed a night, but like others have said, wish it had been longer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank davy001

Reviewed October 6, 2011

You have to eat here. The quality and value is terrific. Huge dinner followed by substantial, well-cooked breakfast. We stayed for one night and wished it had been more.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Dbossom
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This year my wife & I planned a Calmac island hopping on the Outer Hebrides. We looked for several B&B's on the "Undiscovered Scotland" site.
We stayed at Leumadair Guest House on Lewis for 2 nights.
I'm not going to repeat all the good that has already been written about the welcome/accommodation/food..., I'm just confirming it: it's all true!
Thank you Donald & Juanita.
BTW: the homemade gooseberry jam is fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you need to stay in Callanish then this is an excellent base, but it's a shame that, with the stone circle so close, there's no view of it from the guesthouse. Since the only restaurant in the area closed a couple of years ago your only choice for an evening meal is to eat in or drive to Stornoway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 186411Phil
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Don and his family work very hard to make your trip a success, very friendly and helpful with great local knowledge and very interesting to talk to. Roomy rooms and great showers. Excellent breakfast with loads of choices. Callanish standing stones are visible from the house. A great location for visiting Lewis. Don has a great sense of humour too. Off the main road so nice and quiet.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fredblogs123
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I just completed a two week trip traveling around Scotland with my family. Over the course of those two weeks, we stayed in eight different B&Bs/guest houses. Leumadir was definitely one of my favorites and was the hands down winner for best eggs, bacon, and black pudding of the entire trip!

The beauty of staying in Callanish is its remoteness. Leumadir is a nearly brand new guest house which was purposefully designed for accommodating guests and making for an enjoyable stay. It was also one of the best values pricewise of our vacation.

Don greeted us upon our arrival and was friendly, welcoming, helpful, and informative. He made us feel right at home. Our rooms were huge in comparison to most B&Bs -- spotlessly clean, with great views, and very comfortable beds. The bathrooms were spacious and the showers were nice and hot.

One of my goals on this trip was to be able to photograph the stones at sunset. Of course, in the summertime, the sun does not set until around 10:30 p.m. It was a beautiful night with a full moon which made for an enjoyable and refreshing walk up the hill to the stones and back. Because the guests are in a separate wing of the home, I felt very comfortable in coming back in late and knowing that I would not be disturbing their family when I did.

The rooms -- both the sleeping rooms and the dining room and other public areas -- were spotlessly clean.

And the breakfast...oh my! Truly the best eggs, bacon, and black pudding on the entire trip. Yum!

If you are traveling to Lewis...definitely consider a stay at Leumadir. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank larsonfamily
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed for only one night but thoroughly enjoyed it. The choice at breakfast had to be seen to be believed. Every flavour of jam possible and type of tea! The rooms were in a separate annex and were quiet and comfortable. No Tvs, which is our preference.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Rural-traveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Callanish
Doune Braes Hotel
Borve Country House Hotel
Uig Lodge
Uig Lodge
#1 of 1 in Timsgarry

Been to Leumadir Guesthouse? Share your experiences!