“Unpleasant smell”

Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mackworth
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed as a family at the premier on a Thursday before visiting alton towers. Check in was smooth & trouble free. On arriving in the room there was a smell I can only compare to my daughters horse riding boots. We was too tired to go & complain & my kids had already got into bed as we walked through the door. We decided to watch tv as it was still quite early for us. This woke both the children up & they said the tv had one of those high pitched background noises. Tv was then turned off & decided on an early night. Then I was woken regularly in the night by an annoying fly that kept landing on my face. Had breakfast next morning & thought it was good value as the children were free. I often read trip adviser reviews & think people should just enjoy the value hotels instead of moaning about every little thing. What did annoy me the most was upon checking out "Courtney" who was very friendly upon check in, took the key off me as I walked through the door & said "thanks" giving me no opportunity to mention the smell & the noisy tv. I don't really expect the hotel to do anything about the annoying fly

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed in a disabled room as this was the only one available. Disappoited in the cleanliness and had to ask for soap for the dispenser as none available in the dispenser.The bed was uncomfortable as we could feel the springs. on arrival the room smelt unpleasant. It could be that the room is not let regularly?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoy the unusual layout of Derby North West and our stay this year was fine.
The Chef & Brewer's Mundy Arms next door provides the meals.
The only downside was that Chef & Brewer had decided at short notice to refurbish the restaurant so that the Premier Inn breakfast had to be taken at the nearby Mackworth Hotel. It was a pity that Derby North West Premier Inn had omitted to tell the Mackworth that hungry guests were coming over for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AJBIW
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This premier inn is different to most hotels I've stopped in with the rooms being almost like chalets.The rooms are large,clean and comfortable with easy access and ample free car parking.The check in was easy and trouble free,with helpful and courteous staff.This hotel is very close to the city of Derby without being to close,and has a great pub next door where you can get a good meal and a nice drink.Ideal.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A wet day but a warm welcome from the reception staff, all very helpful and pleasant here, at this well located Premier Inn. Slightly different layout, with the rooms all at ground floor level set around the central car park. A refreshing change from the normal tower blocks. Ideal for my visit to the National Trust property at Sudbury Hall about 20 minutes drive. The Sunday lunch I had next door at the Mundy Arms was very tasty, but at the time of my visit the pub was being refurbished next day, so I was not able to have breakfast there. The Mackworth Hotel just a short walk down the road had been allocated as the venue for breakfast, but it seemed that they were not aware of the arrangement which was a shame, although a very nice breakfast was provided, despite my late arrival at 8.56am.

My only disappointment was the Wifi, which was not working well on my visit, and the standard £3 for 24hrs use applies.

Would recommend as a convenient out of town short stay, convenient for the Derby area attractions.

Room Tip: Room 11 was centrally located in the complex with parking directly outside, and very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ideal place for visiting Alton Towers this is our 3rd visit to Premier inn.
In the establishment we found a Good pub with varied selection of food. Service good . Area quiet
Would stay again if in area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked two rooms one double and one twin for our boys.The rooms looked like they had been recently painted they were on the small side but lovely and quiet. We stayed at this hotel for our visit to alton towers as we got a good deal at £25 a room we would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Nicola E, Area Sales & Guest Relations at Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team appreciate feedback of all kinds, as we look to continuously improve our levels of comfort and service. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mackworth
Premier Inn Derby West
#3 of 29 in Derby
The Farmhouse at Mackworth
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Derby City Centre (Cathedral Quarter)

Been to Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel? Share your experiences!