“Very different to the normal Premier Inn model”

Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mackworth
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for business purposes one evening in February. This is not your usual style of Premier inn being next door to an old pub and the bedrooms are located in converted stable blocks. The room was rather tired but clean and I received excellent service from all staff I came into contact with throughout my stay - a very warm welcome at the start through to when I left.

I found the room very cold despite having the heating turned up to full and found no extra blankets in the room for the bed. As I was alone I ended up with the duvet folded over itself to give me double layers!

I chose not to eat in the pub for my evening meal as I was looking for more of a light bite and did not see this on the menu so I travelled to a Beefeater a couple of miles away.

Breakfast was very disappointing with all mugs out for use being dirty, which I pointed out and was led to believe was a dishwasher problem. The toaster made a terrible job of ruining the crumpets (not by burning I might add) and so I enjoyed a porridge instead. To be fair the guy in charge of breakfast initiated a refund of the cost of breakfast without me asking which was appreciated although I did not take it.

Overall I prefer the modern Premier Inn style with an attached known restaurant.

Room Tip: Away from the road
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HillsonHols
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

It was the ideal location for my weekend of shopping in Derby and walking in the Derbyshire dales. It's so different from other premier inn hotels I've stopped in with the layout of converting stables into rooms. The only let down was the lack of modern flat screen tv. I would recommend those on a budget to use the Mackworth hotel for their evening meals as its 2 for £10 just 100yards down the road on the left.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Have stayed in a number of premier inns, this one is quite different. No long corridors, lifts or stairs but more of bungalow accomodation. Staff really friendly and helpful, just want you want after a long drive. Less than a 10 minute drive to the centre of Derby but the hotel feels like you are in the middle of nowhere. Room was good size with standard purple everything. The only reason it doesn't get 5 star is the lack of free Internet.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James B
Reviewed February 10, 2013

A very warm welcome on arrival.Rooms in pairs set out as small bungalows - may have been stable blocks? Main bedroom was warmish but bathroom cold.Slept well in very large bed. 30mins free internet was adequate bit 24hrs for £3 is an option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Small twin room, no space between beds, no internet access, old crt TV with poor reception and useless sound,

Staff tried there best but, the internet provider never came to site to sort problems, no clean towels after three days,

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We needed somewhere to stay on Christmas Eve as the Inn was certainly full at my brother's home where we were descending for Christmas. We'd been to the Mundy Arms before as it very close to my brother's and had seen the rooms and decided to take a look at the website. We were really pleased with the price that was originally offered for the room (£28) but only paid £19 when we finally booked! We were really surprised at how nice, quiet and warm the room was. The rooms are simply done but well thought out and have lovely, ridiculously comfortable beds and a choice of pillows!! I must admit we were lucky as there didn't appear to be many staying that night so can't say what it would be like if someone was in the room adjacent. There is parking outside the rooms as well as the pub car park. Both the staff we met were very friendly and we would recommend this to anyone especially at the price we paid.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed hear previously when visiting my son and his family who live close by. The room was clean and comfortable and we suspect the bathroom had been updated since our last visit. Staff were efficient and friendly without being over the top. We could find nothing wrong and would not hesistate in recommending this establishment to others and we will certainly return in the future.

Extra items for the hospitality tray we readily available on request.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mackworth
The Farmhouse at Mackworth
Jurys Inn Derby
Jurys Inn Derby
#3 of 29 in Derby
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
The Georgian House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park
Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights

Been to Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel? Share your experiences!