Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel
$78
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Derby West(Derby)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
$55
$62
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmundy armsthe pubconverted stablescar parkchef brewerpub next dooralton towersbooked earlyground flooraway from the roadquiet locationwould stay againroad noisenext morningplenty of parkingcomfortable roomsgood size
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed for two nights while attending a wedding in Derby. The accommodation is quietly tucked away behind the Mundy Arms. Pleasant courtyard/parking area, attractive hanging baskets all around the buildings. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was a good size and very comfortable. There was no noise from the road in the room where we stayed which was at the back of the complex. We had a pleasant meal at the Munday Arms on the Friday night. Our only criticism is of the breakfast. I was asked if we wanted breakfast and was charged the full rate for two full English breakfasts. It was only later that I discovered there were different charges for different breakfast options and would have chosen something less if I'd known that. The standard of the breakfast could have been better, particularly the coffee which was very weak and the sausages which were so hard you couldn't cut them with a knife. Overall however, I would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
DerbyNorthWestPI, Manager at Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind compliments about Derby North West Premier Inn. We are pleased you had a comfortable stay and that you experienced a high level of service from all the team. We are sorry that on this occasion you where not informed about the different breakfast options we will re-brief the Team on this so our future guests are give the correct information. I am also sorry that on this occasion the Quality of the Breakfast that you received at the Mundy Arms did not meet your expectations I have passed on your comments to the General Manager at the Mundy Arms to help them improve the quality of the breakfast items. We look forward to welcoming you back to Derby North West in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

we booked to go here on Saturday eve with friends. on arrival we were told there was a 45 mins wait as there was a problem in the kitchen! if we had been on our own we would have gone elsewhere but it is awkward when you are in a group. 45 mins turned out to be optimistic and it was well over a hour before we received our starter then another 45 minutes before we got our main course! We complained and got our starters free as did the people on the next tablet, it doesn't make up for a slow meal and when it arrived it was only an average meal nothing special. i felt sorry for our waitress when we complained she was very apologetic and said they were two chefs down but had been for weeks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our restaurant service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank once again for your review you.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at PI derby north west on our recent trip to Alton towers. I chose the hotel mainly due to the cost and the fact it had a bar/restaurant on site. It is 25 minutes away from Alton towers so although we could have stayed closer, it was a pleasant drive to the hotel and didn't seem to take long at all. Upon arrival we were welcomed by a member of staff who grew up from where we live. He was very friendly and welcoming and made us feel like they were glad we had turned up at their hotel. The room was very nice. Smaller than most PI but I expected that from the previous reviews. The bed was HUGE! and very comfortable. The room was clean and airy and was very nicely decorated. We had a very good Night sleep after a long day out.
The adjoining chef and brewer pub/restaurant was not what I expected. That is a good thing. Most adjoining pubs look a bit dated or samey with no character and the food is never inspiring. Nothing wrong with that but its nice to be different. It felt modern yet oldy-worldy without looking like they made the effort to do it. The staff were very friendly and made us feel like we were locals who were there every day. The menu - fantastic. It had everything you expect/Want but with a twist. They did a selection of mini burgers and a selection of mini pies as well as normal burgers, pies, steak etc etc. I had the pies, my wife had the burgers (she couldn't finish it so I also had the burgers!). Couldn't say which was nicer - they were both great. My brother (who came with us with his partner) had the beef rib, which just fell off the bone. Not only was the food very yummy, they do a great selection of ales, of which we had plenty. We also had breakfast in the morning. We had continental rather than full English as we were still full from the night before! Selection was very good and staff again were very pleasant and welcoming. Nothing seemed too much trouble.
I'm aware this is a long review but I didn't want to miss out anything. I don't tend to review places we stay but this deserved a comment. If you don't mind staying 25 minutes away from Alton towers, then you'd be hard pushed to find a better hotel locally. I know it's a chain and I'm all for supporting local b&b's but this is an outstanding PI and one that I strongly recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay; we are delighted that your stay with us met your expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guest. I will also pass this on to the Mundy Arms Restaurant who am sure will also be happy to here you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Derby North West in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

a very comfortable stay in a quiet village not far from national trust house excellent

Room Tip: stayed in a different room this time which was just as good as before. very quiet as the pub is a little away from the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, we are really pleased your stay with us was a good one. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed for 1 night prior to a visit to Alton Towers and enjoyed a really good stay.

Located a couple of miles outside of Derby, it may not be the best place if you're looking to be in the middle of Derby, but for Alton Towers it was good to be away from morning traffic in the centre.

The property is arranged as a traditional motel with a single storey block of rooms making up 2 sides of a large car park, with pairs of rooms having doors direct onto the car park, with the pub/restaurant making up a third side, whilst now being several years old (one of the older Premier Inns I've visited), everything was still in very good condition.

The room was of a decent size, with a clean bathroom and a comfortable bed, a laptop tie-down loop & plenty of plug sockets.

I ate both dinner and breakfast at the pub restaurant, and found the food to be of a good price and decent quality, if a little uninspiring.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. Your feedback is important to help us to deliver the best service possible and we appreciate your comments. We hope to welcome you back to Derby North West Premier Inn in the future