“Stay here, you wont regret it”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Old Croft Stables

Spacious lounge with wide screen TV and wi fi connection.
View of Old Croft Stables from the secluded garden. Entrance Hall with our range of local attraction leaflets.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Spacious lounge with wide screen TV and wi fi connection.
View of Old Croft Stables from the secluded garden.
Entrance Hall with our range of local attraction leaflets.
Guest visitors book.
View of our twin bedded room with the possiblity of additional use of the sofa bed.
Master bedroom with king size bed.
Film poster collection!.
Dining area and view of our original Derbyshie travel posters.
View of the garden.
Dining area.
Downstairs cloak room.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Duncrievi...
Perth, Scotland
“Stay here, you wont regret it”
Reviewed March 15, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Booked in for 5 nights on business and I'm so glad I did. The place is amazing, lots of room, high quality furnishing, safe, quiet and a superb host.
Angela brings a continental breakfast each morning at a prearranged time with toast, fresh croissants, juice and lovely fresh fruit salad.
There is plenty of coffee and various teas etc, no cooking facilities but with the brilliant Joiners Arms a 5 minute walk away you don't need to cook.

the only downside was having no bath, which would have been great after a long drive, but certainly not a deal breaker.
So glad I found this place, it made a week away from my beloved a bit more tolerable and was far far better than a boring faceless hotel.
If I'm ever down this way again, I'd book it without a second thought.

Mar 16, 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to meet you and we do hope that you will be able to spend some time with us again in the future.
Paul S
Newton
“Great Spot for Enjoying Derby and the surrounding countryside”
Reviewed November 2, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We spent one week at the Old Croft Stables. Perfect temporary home while visiting family and touring various places - great pubs, Derbyshire countryside, etc.
Anne brought in breakfast - fresh croissants, fruit salad, yogurt every morning. Make your own coffee. Anne- the owner - was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
Comfortable master bedroom and two twin beds in second room. One full bath upstairs and bathroom downstairs. Everything is in sparkling condition and beautifully decorated.
Quarndon is a very picturesque village ten minutes from Derby City center.
Local pub - The Joiners serves great real ale, pizza, and bistro food. 3 minute walk.
Highly recommend for two or four person family or two couples traveling together.
Great value over a local hotel.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Nov 3, 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We really enjoyed having you to stay with us at Old Croft Stables. Would love to see you again next year!
JAMason32...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed April 26, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I do a lot of travelling around for work and with that comes a lot of hotels and B&Bs. This place is the best I have stayed in by far! in a very long time.

When I arrived, Angela met me at the door and let me through into the gated courtyard to park my car. She then showed my around the apartment and explained where the facilities were. She is a very welcoming and warm host and made my 3 days (2 night) in the apartment extremely comfortable and homely

The apartment it's self is very rustic but decorated in a modern art deco fashion. I fell in love with it!

The living room/dinning area is spacious and well equipped (Not that you should be spending much time in here! You should be out exploring Denbighshire and all it has to offer!)

The upper level living space/bedrooms are ideal for a family with two children. There were two single bed in a large open plan beadroom lounge space with another TV in here for them to watch.

The shower room up stares, while small, does its job well. Plenty of pressure in the shower and it was very clean and tidy. I was also provided with shampoo and shower gel and there was also shower caps and other bathroom essentials in there.

The master bedroom is HUGE! I had two absolutely brilliant nights sleep here. It's so quiet and the bed was brilliantly comfortable. There is no TV in the bedroom, but this didn't bother me, it was actually a nice change to not have on in there. It meant I did some reading instead and got an earlier night.

Breakfast in the morning was continental. Angela was at my door at the agreed time with a tray of freshly cooked toast and croissants and a huge bowl of fruit for me. There are a selection of breakfast cereals in the kitchen as well as jams and different fruit teas and coffees.

Unlike some B&Bs I have used, Angela wasn't intrusive and was happy to let her guests come and go as I pleased. I was given a fob for the electric gate to get my car in and out she left me with her contact details in case I needed her. She is the perfect host for this B&B and if I am ever in the East Mindalnds with work again, i'll be 100% booking back in here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location. It was far enough out of the town centre to feel like you're in the country but close enough to get in for work or shopping.
Liked least: There wasn't anything I disliked. It was like having my own home away from home. It was perfect.
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Older travelers Families with young children
Apr 28, 2016
Thank you Tom for such a lovely review! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at the Stables. We would be delighted to see you again should you ever be in the area. Hope you trip was a success business wise. All the best, Angela and Richard
jacksod2
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Fantastic accomadation and location”
Reviewed February 29, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Before I start I would like to thank Angela for being a excellent host the accomadation is better than the photoes show . My wife and myself have stayed in quite a lot of b&bs and hotels but this is by far the best we have stayed in for many years . We had a friendly welcome from Angela and she also made a reservation at a local pub/restaurant called the joiners arms which is only five minutes walk. The old craft stables has every home comforts that you could think of it is very clean and the area is very quiet and the continental breakfast is so good there was more than we could eat there was quarsoints,fresh fruit salad , cereals, toast with jam marmalade and honey. There are also tea and coffee and milk supplied for when you arrive all in all this was just a perfect stay for relaxing we would definetly stay here again only next time it will be for longer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and great accomadation
Liked least: There was nothing that we disliked
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Michael R
“Perfect break away”
Reviewed August 3, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We couldn't have enjoyed our stay much more than we did, it really was perfect. 4 nights allowed us to spend enough time visiting local "attractions" whilst also spending some quiet time at the home.

- On arrival we were greeted and immediately taken care of by the owners. Throughout the holiday they provided fantastic service and the breakfast brought to house each morning was lovely! (especially the croissants.
- Old Croft Stables has such a homely, comfortable feel to it. It didn't take long for us to feel settled there and I think this is down to how well the rooms are layed out. The weather wasn't brilliant for us but fortunately the home was so comfy that we had no issues with just relaxing.

There is lots more I could say but to summarise, this is a fantastic home that when you visit you will be made to feel very welcome and looked after.

Would recommend (already have!) to anyone looking for a short/medium break to either relax or visit local areas.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
Tom Y
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Excellent hospitality”
Reviewed May 31, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Lovely converted barn building set in a nice Derbyshire Village

Excellent hospitality from Angela with lovely continental breakfast provided every day.

Would definitely recommend.

Liked best: Excellent hospitality
Liked least: Lack of a kitchen and cooking facilities
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Jun 1, 2015
It was a delight to have these guests stay with us and we would look forward to having them stay with us again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing