“Hotel was just about adequate - room was dated and needed...”

Days Inn Donington A50
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shardlow
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hotel was just about adequate - room was dated and needed refurbishment. Shower didn't work properly. I certainly wouldn't pay £49.99 to stay at Days Inn in Donington. The quality of the food at the food outlet was extremely poor and expensive.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Staff were pleasant, and my complaint is mainly to do with location of hotel incurring very substantial expenses in Taxi fares which I had not anticipated, as a/c to information provided,it was 3.5 miles from Airport !! I paid 40 pounds Sterling on Taxi Fares. Courtesy Bus would be an asset, Dining facility very poor with 2 choices advertised on already basis menu not available.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I booked online at Booking.com.

It asked what days I wanted to stay, I said 19th, as I was arriving at 3 in the morning. I booked a room for 3.

When I arrived I got given a double room. When I went to ask I was told that they had no room for me.
This is because despite me arriving on the morning of the 19th, I was not allowed to check in till the afternoon. This meant that I should have put down I was arriving on the 18th.

That's the problem! It was no longer the 18th, but I couldn't check in on the 19th. There was no day that I could have checked in on.

They ended up charging me more than what I paid for.

Everything that the night receptionist promised me was dismissed by the morning receptionist as well. So all the information we ha been told was wrong.

If I knew how much it would have cost I wouldn't have bothered going. I would have went elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Good quality, clean & comfortable. Facilities more than adequate. Only criticism is the 11 mile distance to the Airport when the Hotel is advertised as the 'East Midlands Airport'. That's a £20 taxi ride! That said, at £36 it was excellent value.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Room 22. We weren't happy with the breakfast because the coffee maker wasn't working, and two additional slices of plain bread were .99p which we considered excessive so we didn't have any. We had already paid for our breakfast. We were not happy with the room because the fan in the bathroom wasn't working. The bathtub had dirty marks on the bottom. However, when we asked for an ice bucket and extra milks for the room, we were happily accommodated by the front desk attendants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a party of 21 staying at the Donington Days Inn.
All staff were so helpful and friendly they couldn't do enough for us. A lady called Viv on reception was amazing and looked after us from booking taxi's sorting our rooms and just being friendly and welcoming. The rooms were better than expected (a little dated but I've seen worse!) but most importantly they were all clean and a good nights sleep with no noise disturbance!!
Couldn't fault this hotel at all and I'm a picky person!! Cannot praise the staff enough.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you to all the staff for a pleasant stay on the 8/2/14

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel is well postioned for the main trunk road to Derby, it was a shame that I could not get breakfast as this was delayed due to a power cut which occured in the night, other than that the stay was very comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shardlow
Travelodge Nottingham EM Airport Donington Park M1
Best Western Nottingham Derby
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park

Been to Days Inn Donington A50? Share your experiences!