“Great find.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horsley
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Great find.”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was looking for a good value hotel for a 1 night business stay and found that this ticked all the boxes. Fabulous room overlooking the 18th green, friendly service, choice of real ales, food ok if not brilliant. Only downside was the weather and the fact that I had not brought my golf clubs with me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
RichardSalt, Owner at Horsley Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thankyou Sir for taking the time to post a review. I'm pleased Horsley Lodge "ticked all the boxes" for a business traveller. A great find indeed and as I've mentioned here before, we may be a few miles out of town but the view out your window of the 18th green puts even the weariest traveller in good heart. Golfers don't forget your clubs, there is always time in Summer for a few holes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My family and I went to a 50th birthday meal at Horsley Lodge on Saturday and really enjoyed ourselves. The toilet facilities were clean, the staff were lovely, and all 3 courses were enjoyed by all. My partner was happy with the selection of ales, and the scenery around the lodge was wonderful, despite the miserable weather!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RichardSalt, Owner at Horsley Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thankyou for posting this review. Its always a pleasure to be part of a family celebration, we could not fix the weather, it does seem to have not stopped raining lately, but when the sun comes out, as you point out, the grounds are wonderful. Glad you liked the real ale choice too.
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I was lucky enough to get married here on April 7th. I could not thank the staff enough for making it the most amazing day ever! The food was beautiful and coming from me the worlds fussiest eater that's saying something! All of my guests commented on how lovely the food was. We stayed the night in the honeymoon suite which was just beautiful and the bed was so comfy I didn't want to get out the next morning! My family and friends all commented on how truely beautiful their rooms were too they couldn't believe how luxurious they were!
I will definately be hinting at my new husband for us to make a return visit very soon!

• Stayed April 2012
RichardSalt, Owner at Horsley Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
A wonderful review, thankyou. Glad to be part of your wedding day and so pleased you enjoyed everything about Horsley Lodge. A wedding review is worth reading for other travellers as the guests get to see all sides of the business: food, hospitality, accomodation etc. We look forward to you persuading your new husband to book with us again.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hi just thought i would just share my experience of a golf day we had at Horsley Lodge.
The place is superb staff very cooperative and friendly, very clean, food excellent and above all a very nice golf course.
Will definately be using this place again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
RichardSalt, Owner at Horsley Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thankyou for the kind words following your golfing trip. You sum things up very well and your comments are much appreciated. See you again Im sure
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Me and my wife got married here 17 march. The day was perfect. We recived great service right from our 1st vist to look round till we laeft the morning after the wedding. All the staff from cleaners to the management where very friendly. We would like to a thank you to Laura for all the help. She was fantstic. All the guests commented on how nice the food was and we have to agree. The rooms are very spacious clean and have everything you could want and decorated to a very high standard. Barn cottage is out of this world added a nice touch to our wedding night. Cant find anything bad to say about any of it.
I would deffinatley recomend this to anyone who is planning a wedding or even just a few nights away.
Thanks again to all the staff at horsley for everything you did.

• Stayed March 2012
RichardSalt, Owner at Horsley Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thankyou for the excellent review. Congratulations again on your marriage and I'm glad Horsley Lodge made it a day to remember.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had a wonderful lunch yesterday at Horsley Lodge to celebrate mothers 80th birthday. From the moment we arrived we were looked after, made to feel special and nothing was too much trouble. Spoilt for choice with the menu, the food was delicious and well presented.
Our waitresses (both called Emma) were very attentative and nothing was too much trouble for them, they even sang Happy Birthday when they brought in the cake.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cadicatkins
RichardSalt, Owner at Horsley Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Glad you liked the Sunday Lunch. Horsley Lodge offers 2 styles, formal, like this reviewer enjoyed or carvery at just £8.50. We only serve quality meat and fresh tasty vegetables. Mmmmm indeed!
It's a great choice of venue when you can't think were to go for a proper Sunday lunch
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed in the barn cottage after being married for only 4 days. It was perfect. The location was lovely. Not much to do unless you like golf but we went away for a very quiet stay. The reception staff were very welcoming and allowed us to check in early. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast there all of which was lovely and great value also. My only complaint was that I had been looking forward to the scallops as a starter at dinner and they hadn't had a fish delivery but it was mid week and not many people in the hotel so I can see y. The cottage was amazing. Exceeded my expectations. Very lovely and romantic and comfortable just what we needed. Although my husband was alittle disappointed that the cd player and radio didn't work in the lounge and that there was no sky tv as advertised however I did point out to him that we hadn't gone away to watch tv. Men ahy? The bed was so comfy but I had to use a chair to help me climb on as it was so high. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to get away for a romantic break. We was given a good deal due to it being midweek and kind of last minute. We was given a lively fruit bowl and some pink sparkly stuff as I mentioned on the phone we had just got married. I would have been happy to stay in any of the other rooms but the cottage is what made it special for us and will
Always remember our special night away at horsily
Lodge.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank shatak
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsley
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#1 of 1 in Stonedge
Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ringwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brimington

Been to Horsley Lodge? Share your experiences!