“Lovely Hotel , Lovely Rooms, Lovely restaurant , Great food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Hall Hotel

Red Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walmersley
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel , Lovely Rooms, Lovely restaurant , Great food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights for a wedding and to visit friends in the area. Exceeded our expectations from the start ,. Great value for money , was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The wedding decorations were also outstanding. The food was absoluteyly beautiful at the wedding and the next day for lunch in the restaurant. The rooms were beautiful , we had an adjoining room with my Mum who is 80 and she was delighted with her room also. Would certainly recommed this hotel and lovely restauran and return again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Berkshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is recently refurbished and our room was lovely and modern. It's also in a great location, only minutes from the M66.

The one thing that really stood out however was the quality of food in both the bar and restaurant. If you stop at this hotel we would really recommend dining in the restaurant. We had a 3 course meal for a little over £20 a head and we can honestly say the food was superb - definitely up there in terms of some of the best food we've tasted! They certainly have a wonderful chef and the service was excellent.

We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

As I pulled up on this blisteringly, miserable, depressing cold afternoon in a valley and saw the red hall, I must say I was impressed. I see many hotels around this time of year but none so subtly decorated and lighted as this one. Most Folks overkill or string a few fairy lights over the eves, but right from the parking area I was impressed. Could it get any better? We would see. The reception staff were the perfect balance of politeness without being sycophantic, handed over keys and offered information in what I take to be a 'local' and friendly manner..Boy, was I starving and so i headed into the dining room expecting a half stale sandwich and luke warm coffee. I was wrong. i was presented with a menu upon wich everything souded delicious and I perused it gleefully over my thankfully hot, though not the lava java I'm used to, coffee.
I'd heard of this 'Black Pudding' delicacy before on previous trips, and was feeling adventurous so i decided to go for it with a mustard gratin dressing..had no idea how a gratin could be a dressing and imagined a slopy mess of potatoes and sausage. Again, I was wrong. The dish arrived, presented expertly. I didn't know to eat it or frame it, picking up my fork I devoured the lot. Some places are picky about folk coming in and ordering a starter and nothing else, not so here, allthough one waiter kinda made me edgy, hovered around me, seemed to be checking if i had a right to be there.
My Belly full and spirits lifted, I headed into the local, frankly chortle-worthy named, village, Rams Bottom.
After one too many I got back to my room, Impeccible cleanliness and decor and a bed fit for a drunken king...setting my cell phone alarm for the next morning I thought it couldn't get any better
I was Wrong.
I headed for breakfast expecting to manage down the traditional grease fest of an English fry up, but was greeted with juices, pastries, fruit and a menu of unbelievable choices, including the trditonal full breakfast with my new friend, the Black Pudding. I couldn't resist and couldn't have been happier, an amazing meal once again, and all before 7.30 in the am.
All in all a hidden gem within the frozen north, and regardless of business trips, I just canceled my next trip to the Carribean..Red Hall all the way for food and friendly local atmosphere. Oh, but next time, I'd like a button that says 'yes Garcón, I'm allowed to be here..bring me more black pudding.'

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

Better than a Village hotel stay. Comfortable beds, smallish rooms/bathrooms. 3 star hotel and 3 star standard. Drinks expensive as usual. Some staff brilliant going out of their way, some staff just couldn't be bothered - as usual.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank luvfoodantravel
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

we only stayed for one night (unfortunately) but the hotel was great value for money. it was clean and comfortable with a very relaxed and welcoming feel. the staff were friendly and effecient. we look foreward to returning soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

Very pleasantly surprised, interior design and quality of rooms / public areas is very good. Plenty of car parking. We booked the family room and actually got two spacious adjoining rooms. Well located for Ramsbottom, Shuttleworth etc and close to Trafford Centre / central Manchester too. Only bug bear was the fact that the bathroom door has to be kept closed due to fire sensor's. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LexiLuxe
Fuengirola, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

Sometimes at the end of a long day's cycling I am too tired to really notice too much when I check in or crash in a room. I have to say that I could not fail to notice the genuine, effusive welcome. Although I was a first time visitor it felt as if I were "coming home"

I was only in the hotel for a few hours but everything looked fine. Spotlessly clean, a very nice breakfast (Vegetarians catered for ...others take note!) and a friendly and professional "au revoir" It would have been nice to stay longer but my cycle beckoned!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank thisisspain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walmersley
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom
Premier Inn Manchester (Prestwich) Hotel
The Royal Toby Hotel
The Royal Toby Hotel
#2 of 6 in Rochdale

Been to Red Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!