After a shock cancellation of our reservation in the Hunter at the beginning of a busy long weekend, we managed (with help from the owner of a local motel which I have reviewed) to get a night at Potters Brewery.
The room was tidy, spacious, well maintained and situated away from the brewery which was lucky given that it must be a favourite drinking hole for the locals, so at night the place was busy and a tad noisy (it was Karaoke night). Customer service was good and welcoming. We had Wi-Fi access but I remember my old 56k dial up service being quicker. The rooms must have thin walls because I'm sure I heard someone snoring in the adjoining room ...
Dinner was reasonably priced and served quickly at the brewery / pub given the number of customers but it was average quality. The beer wasn't too bad.
If you're looking for a comfortable place to stay which has an active night life then Potters is one place to consider. Bear in mind that Potters caters for functions so wedding receptions and the like will result in a loud late evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Potters is a relaxing getaway. With new ownership since late 2008, Potters is home to the Hunter Beer Co., a fabulous Brasserie and Resort-Style Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Potters Hotel & Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Potters Hotel And Brewery
- Potters Hotel & Brewery Greater Newcastle/Cessnock, Australia
- Potters Brewery