We stayed for just one night at Potters, coz we had planned a full day wine tour and needed a place to chill for the night, before taking in some more Hunter Valley and The Entrance on the next day.
We landed up there on the wrong day (2 days earlier!) owing to a miscalculation of the planned dates on a 3 week Australian holiday, but the staff were quite understanding and got us the same room type we had originally booked. That was really great, else we would have been in a bit of a fix.
It is a very comfortable place, with a very large pub and restaurant. It has the old world charm, plenty of wood in the decor. The beer is excellent and the food quite good too. The room was spacious too and comfy. It is also a kid friendly place with a secured play area, next to the restaurant.
We did not use the tennis court or pool as the weather was cold.
On the whole, a very nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Potters is a relaxing getaway. With new ownership since late 2008, Potters is home to the Hunter Beer Co., a fabulous Brasserie and Resort-Style Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Potters Hotel & Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Potters Hotel And Brewery
- Potters Hotel & Brewery Greater Newcastle/Cessnock, Australia
- Potters Brewery