“Great food and service”

Old Brickworks Brasserie at Potters Hunter Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Nulkaba
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pub Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

For the past several weeks I have had the pleasure of staying at The Potters brewery and dining at the restaurant.

The food is plentiful and of a high quality and the service has been exceptional even on nights of high activity. Some nights there has been a wait for a table, but that in itself is not unusual for a high quality venue and is countered by ordering ahead.

Of note, is the service of Sally and Donna in the Dining room, and also the Chefs and kitchen staff in meeting particular requests in preparation of the food. bar staff are friendly and efficient.

Highly recommended for both the food and the beer.

• Visited January 2014
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Old Brickworks Brasserie at Potters Hunter Valley, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to compile this review. Its lovely to hear of your satisfaction when dining at our Brickworks Brassiere. Looking forward to welcoming you again next time you are in the Hunter Valley

Narara
“new years eve dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stopped here and managed to score an inside table in the brasserie without a booking. the staff were very friendly and attentive. You do have to line up to order your food. The meals we had were all lovely- pork belly cooked beautifully, a seafood basket that was plentiful and a Rogan josh curry that was was delicious. We were pleased we stopped there on our way to the Xmas lights. They also serve their own beers.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you for providing the review of our Brickworks Brassiere. We are very popular during the Christmas period as a stop over to the Christmas lights as we are a family friendly hotel. Scoring a table during our busy times without booking is quiet fortunate so we are most pleased we could accommodate. We would love to see you again this year when you plan your next trip to the Hunter Christmas Lights Spectacular.
Grafton, Australia
“Lousy service and lackluster pub food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My partner and I had dinner at the 'restaurant' which really should be branded as a pub. Had to order our meals at the counter, pay and wait for our buzzer to ring before collecting our food and cutlery at the kitchen. It was middle of the week with less than 5 groups of people so kitchen staff should have had an easier time of it.
The tartines were stale; essentially 3 pieces of hard and tasteless bread ($10). We ordered a 300g scotch fillet and a 350g sirloin steak, both to be done medium rare. The scotch fillet was so burnt on the surface that it left a bitter taste and the sirloin was cooked to medium well. Ordinarily I would have eaten it without a complaint if it was still tender but it was tough and tasteless. I went back to the kitchen to comment that it was overdone and chef came out to confront me. I was accused of eating half the 400g rump steak and what I had done was wrong. He isn't much of a chef if he couldn't tell the difference between a sirloin and a rump. He rudely demanded if I wanted another steak or a refund. I had lost my appetite at his poor attitude and didn't want to take my chances with having spit in my food and declined his 'offer' of another steak.
I was so upset at their rudeness and was close to tears being made to feel like I was after a free meal. We had already ordered and paid up to $120 for food and drinks. The lady at the bar counter had to redo the receipts for the refund and she made sure we were aware she wasn't happy doing it. It was lousy pub grub and awful service to mar my birthday dinner. I will never return here and hope others steer clear until management does something to improve service.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback on your visit to the Brickworks Brassiere. I would like to apologise first and foremost that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. It is with comments such as yours we are able to evaluate our business and make improvements where necessary. We hope you would consider revisiting us in the future.
australia
“Dont miss it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our first visit was about 10 years ago and the place has grown to large proportions since then.
It now has spacious in and outdoor areas to relax in , eat and enjoy a few of their own brews on tap, of which there are a big variety.
A great way to finish the afternoon after visiting some wineries.

Visited October 2013
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Old Brickworks Brasserie at Potters Hunter Valley, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We take pride in our resort and are so pleased to ready you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you some time soon to Potters Hotel Brewery Resort.
North Narrabeen, Australia
“An evening meal together”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Brasserie is just another pub eatery. The food is pretty good but it is not at restaurant level.I ordered medium rare steak and even though it was very juicy my steak was just a tad off well done. My wife noted a patron on our second night returning a steak to the kitchen for exactly the same reason.

• Visited September 2013
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Old Brickworks Brasserie at Potters Hunter Valley, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Old Brickworks Brasserie. We aim to exceed our guests expectations and apologise on this occasion we did not. We shall utilise your comments to make constant improvements to the food that we provide. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Hunter Valley.