Tripadvisor
Finca Don Eduardo Coffee Tour
Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM, 3:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Coffee & dogs - need I say more

Tim was an amazing and informative guild. He brings you through the coffee making process from... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
kajanej
Toronto, Canada
Great coffee tour

I learned everything about coffee! Great tour just 10 mn walk from Salento . The owner who also... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
52jeanmartinl
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Salento
from $8.00
from $13.34
from $174.36
from $17.44
More Info
All reviews plantation house beans coffee tour whole process the owner pineapple a native english speaker bamboo forest roasting process great humour every step wealth of knowledge three hours his passion rubber boots knowledgeable guide tim
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Loved this tour with Tim. He is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about all things coffee and his farm is beautiful. We learned so much and really enjoyed learning about and experiencing the whole process - from bean to cup. Highly recommend this tour if you are in Salento. For only 30,000 it is well worth it too.

Date of experience: January 2020
doneduardo25, Owner at Finca Don Eduardo Coffee Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Price has just gone up now 40,000 cop but hopefully still worth it !!!

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback

Reviewed December 19, 2019

This was a super comprehensive tour that lasted around 4 hours. Tim is a great communicator and gives great detail into all aspects of growing and running a coffee farm. We not only got to see the farm but also details around all aspects of coffee making. I would highly recommend this tour, even for non coffee drinkers. His farm also has many other plants to check out, ie pineapples, oranges, tea, etc so it is worth a walk around as well

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you for your positive comments.

Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

After reading some blogs and speaking to a few locals it was clear this was the coffee tour to do. Timothy who owns and runs the finca was exceptional with his explanations and happy to answer any questions. He had a wealth of knowledge. We arrived at 9am (don’t need to pre book) and the tour lasted 3 hours. It ran through every stage of coffee growing, picking, roasting and making. We got to try his coffee at the end. Timothy’s finca is different from the rest as it’s organic and uses initiative ideas to keep it this way. Timothy’s passion for coffee growing was evident throughout the tour. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2019
doneduardo25, Owner at Finca Don Eduardo Coffee Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Thank you for your kind words and positive report. Really pleased you enjoyed the tour and didn´t find me impatient.....

Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

Overall the tour was fine. We learned a lot and it was very informative about coffee production. The farm is nice and you get to see all that goes in to the coffee. But what I can’t shake is the owners negativity and impatience. It felt as though he didn’t want to be giving the tour and that he had no time. He answered the phone and then mocked the people who were calling out loud in the middle of his coffee speech. And he often spoke negatively about the neighbours, town etc. He didn’t listen to the question but instead cut us off to answer what wasn’t even our question. Maybe he was having an off day but could have been a bit more professional/ positive.

In the end we had a great time after just exploring the farm with one of the staff who was more in tune with us and our questions and our interests as a group!!

Date of experience: November 2019
doneduardo25, Owner at Finca Don Eduardo Coffee Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2019

Thank you for your and your friends comments.

You would not be the lady that got upset and wrote a bad tripadvisor review for our hostel (2 out of 5 for the hostel) all because we asked you to change rooms, would you ?

From your user name I imagine you are and I cannot imagine that this influenced your reviews of the coffee tour in the slightest.

But whatever reason for your review all comments are welcome.

However I would take exception at several of your comments..

Negativity - I assume you are either referring to my very English sense of humour - so when I say "4 weeks Colombian time - that is 12 weeks in the real world". I have had one or two non- native english speakers not realise it is a joke. Humour is a great way of getting your message across.

Or are you referring to when I point out that the national heritage route we take going down to the farm is under serious threat from neighbours with hostels and farms who are systematically destroying the trail turning it in to a road, in the hope of making a quick profit. If that is what you are referring to then I am guilty as charged.

Impatience - please - give me a break. I have been doing the tour for over 10 years and have programmed my day around it. Monday to Saturday from 9.00am to 13.00 I have cleared my calendar for those days and hours and am effectively unavailable because of the tour. If I have something I cannot avoid I typically cancel or reschedule the tour. My part of the tour takes 3 hours which gives me one hour flexibility for questions, problems etc.And the general criticism I get is the tour is too long and I talk too much....

Not answering questions, I just do not understand.
How many times on the tour did I say - "Do you understand ?" "Is that clear ?"
How many times did I say "Are there any questions ?"
Once in a blue moon I get asked a question I do not know the answer to - what I say then is leave it with me and I will find out and if possible have an answer for you before the end of the tour.

Your friend used exactly the same words and same criticism - so "What was this special question that either I ignored or failed to answer to your satisfaction ?"

Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

We went to the coffee tour with a great love for coffee and a very little knowledge. In that aspect we finished the tour with way more knowledge then we came with. However we didn't feel the owner was very patient to our questions or made the tour more personal for us, it feels like he didn't care much if we were in the tour or not. In the end we had amazing walk through out the farm with one of the locsl staff. Never spoke a word in english but it was the best part of the tour by far! And we got some free fresh bananas.

Date of experience: November 2019
doneduardo25, Owner at Finca Don Eduardo Coffee Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Thank you for your comments - not sure how to respond to your comments.

The tour lasts three to four hours. I always have time for questions and not sure how I could have made the tour more personal for you.

When the coffee tasting and cupping starts and my part effectively ends I always make certain I ask if there are any questions. At the start of the tour I always say if you have any questions please fire away so not sure what more I could have done to be honest.

Really sorry you did not get what you wanted from the tour. I will in future make sure I stress more forcefully