See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This is in fact a very basic hotel BUT - The service is 5 star. The owner will do every thing to accommodate your needs with pleasure. When I first saw the hotel I was skeptical. But it is what it is. Not the Ritz Carlton or even a mid range chain. But it is clean, good air conditioning, comfortable bed and Superb service. I give this hotel and the owner two thumbs up and would not hesitate to stay again. Thank You Domenic for turning my skepticism into a lovely stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2015

This Hotel is not in Royan,its located roughly 6km outside Royan but its an easy drive.To be honest this Hotel is a fine base for exploring this region as two hours driving will get you to a lot of places.Where to start???? Check in was simple as the lovely couple who own the hotel were there to meet us and it was a non fussy procedure.Our double room was clean but basic and was fully air conditioned as were all the rooms i gather,we had a comfy double bed,a tv,and a large en-suite with a good standard of shower,a couple of little issues as regards maitenance maters in the en-suite but they were cosmetic ( chipped paint,ill fitting wc flusher panel),however tea or coffee making facilities would have been appreciated in the room.Breakfast was plentiful with no shortage of anything so no complaints there.Checkout was also easy no fuss no hassle you paid for what you got,end of.The host gave us a gift on leaving to thank us for staying which was a nice touch and something that a lot of other Hotels should do to show their appreciation.Overall we had a good time with no complaints,our hosts were very nice people and i would stay here again....I would love to give a 3.5 rating for this hotel but i cant,its better than a 3 but not quite a 4 in my humble opinion.

Room tip: if you have mobility issues request a downstairs room as there is no lift.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I am worried that this hotel came up in a search of 'beach hotels' on TA website. It is several kms out of Royan, in an area called Medis. It is not walkable from Royan.
The hotel is lovely but the couple who own it arranged a taxi into town for us but we couldn't get back! There is no public transport in the evening in Royan. We had to rely on some fabulous young people who eventually gave us a lift in their own cars or we would have been really in trouble. If you are going to take your car all the time, it is a good choice but isn't near the beach at all!

Room tip: All rooms seemed nice. It is close to a busy road so you can't really have the windows open
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank heather_suds
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I and a group of friends have just stayed there. The hotel has a warm and friendly atmosphere and nothing is too much trouble for the owner and his lovely girlfriend. We had evening meal there too cooked by her and it was excellent. The rooms are well equipped and very comfortable. The continental breakfast was copious and fresh. I would recommend staying there to anyone. Thank you for making our stay relaxing and enjoyable.

Room tip: No need as all the rooms are of the same quality
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am living near Brest and had to travel to Royan to prepare my newly bought sailing boat,My wife couldn't make it as she was ill , My daughter came with me with her dog , The hotel owner did evrything to accomodate us , He changed the date ,changed the room to be on the ground floor with two beds and accepted the dog.I have also appreciated the free WIFI access and the private car park just in front of the room.Plus a warm welcome ,a good brakfast and a fair value I would recommend this hotel .
Alain Guedes