“Just perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Ayampe
Zurich, Switzerland
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a great place for surfers, couples and everybody who loves to detach from the noise of big cities. It is really close to the beach (1 min walking), surrounded by nature, and managed by a young couple (Florian and Majo) who take well care of their guests.

I can warmly recommend Spondylus Lodge. I've met many people there who spontaneously decided to stay longer because they liked the place so much. I had to leave after 1 week unfortunately to catch my flight back to Europe, but I'd have loved to stay much longer!!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C. If you don't care about A/C you can save some money.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Guayaquil, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks. My first impression on this lodge is "super clean". Secondary, I felt like I was at home. It was so comfortable and I forgot how long I stayed there. The owner is a surfer and me tambien, and we had a good wave together. His mother and girlfriend cook well and if you are lucky, you can enjoy the dishes some time. If you like nature or like to surf, here is really worth a stay! There are cute dog and cat here. So lovely place!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and nice.
1 Thank Masa_I2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

So i dont realy know how to make Kritik but anyway its my First Review.

I was being and living with These guays owners like 4 weeks. I have to explain that the hotel was opening in january 2013 but i came already in december 2012. It was amazing time there, Majo is Petty nice person and can help you figure out what ever you want. Flo is just in Background making Executive Things. But they live there and i have been a gast of this small family including gato diego and perrita saphira. I have been traveling alone, but they took time to let me feel like home, and that in the hardest time - preopening of the hotel.

Guys i Love you so much!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Deterra
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel für 2 weeks and did not want to leave. Really nice garden, 2 sweet puppies (1 Cat Diego and 1 dog Saphira) and the beach is amazing. You get down to nothing in that place, just relax....
For all who want to surf is it also the best place to stay. Florian help you in all stuff belonging to surf and show you also nice spots. Gracias Majo tambien por recommenda una esquela de espanol a mi ;-) Aprendo mucho ;-)

Room Tip: all rooms are really nice
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Spondylus logde is really a nice little hosteria: the rooms are clean and neatly decorated, the beds are superb and the whole location produces an intense atmosphere of easyness and well-being. Moreover Ayampe is lying on a pristine and highly surfable beach strip - It is a big attraction while at the same time being quiet and laid-back.

For me it was for sure the best value I had on my whole trip through Ecuador!
Come here - and reckon to extend your trip!

Best wishes to Flo & Majo
Wolfgang

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've been traveling the world for over a year straight and have been to many hostels, hotels, homestays, etc and I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. So here's a quick review of this spot which I really like.

I was going to stay in this area for 3 nights, but today will already be my 7th night and there's a reason for that. This place Spondylus is good, really good. Its brand new, super nice and the couple that runs the place Flo & Majo make it warm and inviting and make you want to stay longer. I think there's 3 or 4 private rooms and one 4 bed shared room in the main house and then there's 2 private rooms in another building on site. There's a really nice kitchen to use, we've actually already shared many meals since I've been here. There's also a good living space just to chill in w/ stone fireplace, good size flat screen TV, etc. Everyone that has stayed here that I've met stays longer than they planned for good reason.

Spondylus has a good vibe and Ayampe is beautiful. I was actually reluctant to even write a review because I don't want a bunch of people coming here, I want it to stay just the same, but I decided i needed to give some props to Flo & Majo for creating such a cool spot and sharing it with others.

If you stay here, you'll be happy you did and that's my quick review of this spot!

PS If you want to find the place its right across the street from La Buena Vida which is also a good spot, but I actually like the way this place Spondylus is set up, plus you have the option of using the new kitchen here to cook meals if you want and they actually just built a cool bbq grill too.

1 Thank JustFreeYourself
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayampe
Finca Punta Ayampe
#2 of 6 in Ayampe
Viejamar Hostel
Viejamar Hostel
#1 of 5 in Las Tunas

Been to Spondylus Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!