Tripadvisor

Review of Giraffe

Giraffe
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant was quiet and we were greeted by a really charming and very efficient waitress. All went a bit down hill from there. Breakfast served with burnt toast (replaced when complained), scrambled eggs served totally cold (replaced when complained), coffee just about hot enough not to be returned. Other tables complaining about various other matters. Got an extra coffee on the house thanks to the most excellent under-fire waitress.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (409)

Reviewed January 3, 2020

Great quick service. Food came out a lot quicker than anticipated which was great for catching my flight. Very reasonably priced too. Waiter was very friendly and chatty even gave me a little giraffe because he said I had a lovely smile. Such a sweet thing to do and really brightened up my day.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 20, 2019

You know what you’re getting in giraffe, pretty standard fare at a slightly above average price (although in an airport that’s normal). I had the huevos rancheros and it was pretty tasty. The service was friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2019

My wife and I opted to eat here whilst waiting for our flight to Gran Canaria, we ordered two breakfasts and two coffees. The food took an age to arrive mainly because it had been left on the counter ready for the waitress to bring it to our table, by the time it eventually arrived the eggs had gone hard and every item on the plates was stone cold. I immediately complained and we were offered two fresh breakfasts. The two replacement breakfasts were seen being placed onto the service counter where we sadly watched them getting colder and colder.......at this point I was going to get them myself but didn't know whether they were ours or not so opted to wait.....Big mistake.....they were ours and yet again stone cold. End result was probably the worst food I had tasted in the last 60 years of me being on this Earth.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2019

My colleague and I had a late lunch here prior to flying back from a business meeting. The staff were very friendly and efficient, despite how busy they were. The food was quick to arrive and very tasty so no complaints and I would happily eat here again.

Date of visit: November 2019