Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
$144
$116
  • Pool
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
$109
  • Free Internet
$68
$72
getaroom.com
Chimneys Guest House(Stansted Mountfitchet)
TripAdvisor
The Barn Annexe(Stansted Mountfitchet)
TripAdvisor
The Mill House Stansted(Stansted Mountfitchet)
TripAdvisor
The Old Bell Hotel(Stansted Mountfitchet)
2,197 results
All reviewsstansted airportan early flightper personevery half hourbreakfast was includedper adultpetrol stationshuttle servicean overnight stayyogurtstayed one nightcar parkingshort staybudget hotelfollowing morninghiebus
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for one night rather than fight my way there on the morning of my flight. The perils of the M25 and M11 must generate plenty of business for Stansted airport hotels. The parking was easy in the hotels car park, with a short walk into the hotel. The reception was quick and efficient . The room and bathroom were very clean. We had drinks and sat on the patio area in the afternoon sun. We had a good meal in the evening all at reasonable prices. The meal was good rather than fantastic, but would eat here again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moonraker58
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking to time to provide us with your feedback.

We are really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could accommodate your travel needs. We value hearing our guests experiences as we continually look to improve on the great service we provide to our guests.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is nice, clean and has big rooms (for London standards), but of course it is far away from central London and very close to Stansted Airport. I had to catch a very early flight, and so I choose the hotel purely for its distance to the airport; and there is not much else to see close-by.

There's a shuttle running every half hour, which can get very crowded - but since there is no nice walkway to the airport (or if there is I haven't found it) this is the cheapest option. Currently (as of June 2014) the bus bay you want is #28 at Stansted airport, and the fare is £3 per person.

The staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms were clean but not very sound-proof.

Depending on what you want to do the location is either excellent or not very good at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank revrazna
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are really pleased to see that your recent stay with us met your travel needs and expectations. I am particularly pleased to see the great feedback you have given the team as we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service.

We do advise the shuttle bus service as the quickest and safest way to get to and from the airport terminal as there is no footpath.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

After a horrific stay in central London we were met buy friendly faces and great service at the Holiday Inn Stanstead. Clean large rooms and a bar which served nice meals.

Cheers Holiday Inn!! Heros. Champions, saviours of the free world.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The team will be really happy to hear that their service helped create a happy and comfortable stay for you.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Arrived at midnight off a flight and they didn't have my reservation.
Maybe it was a problem with my booking agent - but they resolved it after about 20 minutes or so.
Room was fine - looking a bit tired at the window - but nothing too bad.
I guess most people are just staying here for or after a flight - and it was fine if you don't pay mega bucks.

Bus to the airport was regular and I think £3 each ?

Breakfast was nice enough but a bit limited in choice. Not the full english as you might have expected.

Stansted Express into town from the airport was quite efficient too. Book online for best ticket prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fenixUK

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your most recent stay.

I am really sorry for the initial problem you experienced with your reservation and for the delay in resolving the matter. We always aim to get guests checked-in as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

We are pleased to be able to offer a free breakfast between 4am and 10am, 4am-6am being a light continental breakfast, with the addition of hot favourites between 6am-10am.

I am pleased to see that that your stay met all of your travel needs and we trust that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again unless it was absolutely necessary. Stayed here the night before an early flight, and then again at the end of our holiday after a late flight. We had the same receptionist checking us in both times and she was lovely, and when checking out after our final night, the staff member asked us about our stay. We made a few minor complaints, and he was so apologetic and I could tell he was really sorry we hadn't 100% enjoyed our stay. It's not the staffs fault, I think it's just the quality of everything else. The WiFi should NOT be allowed to be advertised as free, as that is definitely false advertising. You get so much free (mine ran out after sending only a couple of Whatsapp messages) and then it's £4.95 an hour! WiFi is generally free everywhere but even when it isn't, it's never normally that much! I wouldn't pay for it anyway, as the signal was SO bad. It did not work in our room, and both nights we were only on the first floor. It didn't even work when we were sat in the restaurant which is located right by the lobby. This really does need to be addressed.
Our first night stay, the room was clean enough. The beds aren't the comfiest, and they were quite small, but it was okay. The biggest problem was they are on wheels, so when you sat down the bed moved, and when tossing and turning at night I could feel myself rolling around which wasn't great. The bedside lamps also didn't work on one side of the beds, and the lamp in the corner didn't work either and had a large crack running down it. Our door was also faulty, and you had to lift up the bar at the top in order to open/close. Breakfast was fine. Plenty of choice and was kept topped up, continental before 6am and then hot breakfast from then. We ate dinner in the restaurant once. The service was shockingly slow, we had to wait ages to be served, to order, then to wait for the food, and then to pay the bill. There was not enough staff serving or working in the kitchen. The food itself was nice, and the portions were huge, but it was far too pricey for a burger and fries. Dinner ended up being over £30 for 2 mains, 1 Pepsi and 1 tap water...!! The shuttle service the Hotel offer was fine. Always on time but slightly steep at £3 per adult per journey for not even a 5 minute journey.
On our last nights stay the room we had, again on the first floor, was not cleaned to a high enough standard. The bathroom was generally mucky, with old toothpaste stains near the sink. The floor needed a good cleaning/sweep. Again, same problem with the beds being on wheels. I also refused to make myself a hot drink as the mugs were dirty and so was the spoon, and the kettle was far too old and full of limescale. Generally, the hotel rooms need better maintaining. The WiFi needs to be addressed and the food prices should be re-thought. The staff were fine. I really don't think I'd stay here again unless there was no other option - I'd definitely choose the premier inn around the corner and hope for better quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rhianne L

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Whilst I am really pleased by all the positive feedback you have given, particularly in relation to the team, I am really sorry that other parts of your stay did not meet the same expectation.

I thank you for raising these points as we always value hearing our guests experiences and I can assure you that we continually work towards improving the standards we present to our guests.

We have recently opened a new Rotisserie chicken restaurant and are addressing ways to improve our restaurant service.

I thank you again for your feedback. We trust that we will get the opportunity in the future to show you what fantastic service we can provide.