Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)(Great Value!)
$115
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
Hotels.com
4,667 results
All reviewswine towercovered walkwaywine angelsnew york grillitalian restaurantan early flightwine barunder coverbusiness roomshort walk to the terminalstansted airportmini barterminal buildingbar areanext morningcar parkwake up call
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in the Radisson Blue before last year.
This time the reception staff was very friendly and welcoming, also the concierge was helpful when my taxi didn't show up on time.I asked for a room on the highest floor which I got.
Breakfast is still great, also breakfast in the room was delivered on time.
I got a standard room, very clean. Everything what you want is there.
I only noted 2 downsides, room service twice forgot an item on my plate (once focaccio was not on the plate and my breakfast plate missed a croissant I asked for) and the water boiler wasn't really clean. Still my compliments for the cleaning team and the reception girl, they do a great job ! Staff has become more friendly and welcoming, hotel is very clean, short to the airport (still no noise from airplanes can be heared!), double curtains block out the light well in the rooms.

Room Tip: I always ask for the highest floor, risk of noise from upper rooms although the Radisson has carpet floors so less noise will be hearead anyway in lower floors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Management_Radisson, Executive Chef at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

I felt it was important to read through both of your Stansted reviews – I am delighted that you have now been able to experience our true levels of service. I particularly enjoyed reading about the quick-thinking of our concierge, it is so important for any hotel that they are switched on to the smallest occurrence (peace must reign).

On behalf of my kitchen team, I must apologise that two of your meals reached your room without full, thorough item checking. I can totally understand your thoughts on this, but the rest of your stay with us seems to have gone tremendously well.

Now that we have developed your trust in us, I hope we will be top of your hotel choices for future trips.

David Newstead

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Everything good organized expect the fact that it was a bit too crowded and some area (the bar!) was in the evening only open for special guests. Not nice. Price was quite high!
Furthermore nice rooms and good located next to the airport. This cost a bit more. Some conference rooms are very small and serve a lot of fat snacks for the guests.

• Stayed: November 2012
Management_Radisson, Executive Chef at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

We really appreciate all conference feedback – this is an important area of our business. There must have been a particularly high demand for meeting rooms during your visit; we have 26 meeting rooms – normally allowing all organisers to find the optimum setup for them.

My kitchen team can always tailor our conference menus to client requirements. I am sure if you fed back this information to the organiser of your meeting – they can help us design your future menus. It is always nice to find special treats at lunchtime, but I can appreciate providing healthier options are often the preferred menu style.

I can understand your frustration that the Angels’ Wine Tower Bar had been privately booked. These were special circumstances. I hope our other two venues were able to accommodate you.

I trust my comments have been helpful and that you are able to enjoy all of our hotel facilities during your next visit.

David Newstead

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great location for the airport and very competitively priced (for accomodation and parking). We stayed over for a night before going on holiday and left our car parked at the hotel for 8 days. Very good pool and steam room which was ideal for us and staff were friendly, polite and efficient. The room was very nice and was spolessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. we didn't use the bar or buy food. i thought the breakfast was overpriced at almost £18 per head.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Management_Radisson, Executive Housekeeper at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

I hope you a tremendous holiday and I am particularly thrilled to hear your bedroom impressions. You have scored us very highly, we are fortunate to have a great loyal following and lots of international travellers. I hope you managed to stay in one of our lovely family rooms or suites – these ensure everyone has lots of space and free wireless internet keeps everyone entertained.

The Stansted team is filled with a great mix of personalities – guest service is consistently our number one priority. I hope you enjoyed our breakfast selections; we try and make sure everyone can find exactly what they are in the mood for.

I hope when you reflect on your entire stay, you believe we offer exceptional value. I trust having stayed here, Stansted is firmly your favourite airport.

Radek Skwarski

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the third year I have attended a conference at this hotel and stayed over for 2 nights in the November of each year. On every occasion I have been thoroughly impressed with the facilities and the meals including a fabulous breakfast selection.
Up until this last visit I have been absolutely delighted with the rooms I have stayed in at this hotel. Not quite so excellent this time, the room was "tired" with a few things not functioning well. I reported all the issues on my departure and am sure they will be rectified. I believe I was just unlucky this visit with the room allocated. The bathroom was also not as smart as on previous visits.
A shame really but even with the little moans and groans I had this time I would still recommend this hotel to you as issues are dealt with quickly. I didn't report them until I was leaving because I wasn't spending much time in my room this visit. I know they would have moved me strait away but honestly it wasn't so bad at I could be bothered with moving. I slept well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Management_Radisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

It is great to get feedback from conference delegates – especially from someone who knows all about our venue. Our conference guests will often take breakfast together in large groups - this is the true test of our Super Breakfast Buffet (you clearly love it).

I am sorry to hear that a few aspects of your room had not been properly maintained – thanks for bringing these to our attention and for your patience. Our team will always try and resolve any issue as soon as we can.

It is very reassuring to know we have hosted your event three times now – we are so easy to get to and our venues are world class. Your next visit will definitely restore complete faith – thanks for contacting us.

Susan Horazek

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good hotel in exactly the right spot for flying early from Stanstead. We booked a room which included valet parking for a week which couldn't have been easier. The car stays where you parked it for a couple of days then they move off site but put back in car park for when you arrive home. Go to concierge they give you your key and tell you where its parked. A very quick walk to the terminal. The hotel is very modern, clean and well maintained and I liked the way it was laid out. Room was lovely everything you could want for an overnight stay. Didn't try food as arrived late in evening and took off early in morning. My husband and I have a super king bed at home but did not feel squashed in the bed at all. Staff are very helpful. If you want a good hotel near Standstead terminal with parking, book it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Management_Radisson, Food & Beverage Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Lovely to hear from one of our regular guests – we all appreciate your loyalty and your comments were very encouraging. The quality of our rooms and our proximity to the terminal are clearly very important to you.

I hope you will choose to try one of our two restaurants again – I am a huge fan of Filini’s Spaghetti alle Vongole (spaghetti with wine, garlic and clams – yum!) Service is normally very swift and the bar angels are normally flying from 7pm in the evening – always a spectacular sight.

On future trips you must try our Grab & Run breakfast from the lobby – with fresh fruit, energy bars and takeaway drinks (we don’t want anyone leaving the hotel without). I am glad you were able to spend some time in our Pace Health Club – this is certainly an area we would like to develop in the future.

It was great to hear from you – looking forward to your next visit.

Sazid Raz