Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
DeSalis Hotel(Elsenham)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
4,663 results
All reviewswine towercovered walkwaywine angelsnew york grillitalian restaurantan early flightwine barunder coverbusiness roomshort walk to the terminalstansted airportmini barterminal buildingbar areanext morningcar parkwake up call
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here the night before we went on our holiday and what a wonderful night it was as well, hotel was spotless and everyone really lovely. Food and wine were excellent and lots of little restraunts with inside the hotel to choose from.
Beds very nice to sleep in and our wake up call was on time they also offer a grab and run service if your leaving early in the morning like we had to. Pool and gym looked lovely as well and their is also a spa which offered beauty treatments.
Would stay again for sure as walk to airport is covered and literally takes two minutes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Management_Radisson, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Yes, whatever weather chooses to descend on Stansted, staying at our hotel guarantees a sheltered two minute walk to the terminal – what could be simpler. I hope staying with us setup a memorable holiday for you. I am glad you managed a “wonderful night” amidst our alluring Filini Restaurant, amazing Angels Wine Tower Bar and one of our soft, comfortable beds.

Some of our guests are really time constrained by what flights they are catching. Those who need to leave early are always delighted by our Grab and Run Breakfast and I am thrilled you were the same.

Hopefully staying with us has reassured you that Stansted Airport is very convenient to fly from. The Stansted Express means we are only an hour from London and when you get here, we could not put you closer to where you need to be. Our Pace Health Club is there for everyone, we even have baby/child swimming lessons for families. There is a lot on offer, next time you must come with a little more time to relax.

Regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Spent a night here before an early-morning flight. The car-parking arrangements went off well enough prior to flying and upon our return and proximity to the terminal was very welcome.

Cant help thinking that a little less investment in gimmicks like the wine angel and a bit more in other areas would not go amiss.

Our room had not been cleaned properly and although it was dealt with quite quickly it is after a pretty basic expectation. As for the food; well, I'm never too optimistic whenever I find myself having to eat in a chain hotel restaurant but the Italian version at this hotel was very poor indeed. One of us had a bland overcooked grey-looking Pappardelle which barely tasted of any mushroom let alone a porcine.

My Crab Linguine arrived at the table as a Spaghetti alle Vongole. When it returned it was still on overcooked Spaghetti and was devoid of the advertised chilli.

In future we will postpone our arrival until later in the evening so as to eat somewhere in the area. My service and value for money ratings reflect the whole stay; the restaurant aspect would score much lower.

Mine

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank borninborstal
Management_Radisson, Director of Operations at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

I was disappointed to read through your review and to find two aspects of your stay that were not in keeping with our usual high standards. We always welcome feedback of any kind, but I was shocked to hear that you had arrived at a room that had not been cleaned thoroughly. I can only apologise again that your room was not fully cleaned or thoroughly checked by a supervisor.

The Radisson Filini Restaurants are really popular throughout our portfolio and we demand a significantly higher quality of food than you experienced that evening. I will of course use your appraisal to further develop the standards produced in our own establishment.

The majority of guests give us very positive ratings for both service and value. We are very much the most convenient hotel for reaching flights at this airport and I strongly believe that this was a frustrating blip to our normal top levels of service. Please come back and let us renew your faith in Radisson Blu.

Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked a nights stay with parking prior to a week in the sun and had early flights. We did not arrive until around 9.30pm so unfortunately did not get to make the most of the stay. We checked in fairly quickly although prefer one main desk to several small ones- it made queuing a little more confusing as people didn't know whether it was one generic queue or one per desk. Room was well furnished, clean and very quiet. Decent sized bed and very comfortable. We were hungry but didn't fancy a full meal so bar snacks were a welcomed addition- we had a bowl of fries each with a couple of drinks in the bar and was all reasonably well priced. The bar itself is very nice, well furnished and the "wine angels" make for interesting distractions.

The best bit is definitely the location- and it really is 2 minutes to the airport. It meant we were able to stay in bed that bit later in the morning and not have to leave home at stupid o clock to get there.

When we went to leave the car park they unfortunately had no record of our booking and attempted to charge us £120 for the 8 nights, so remember to print your booking off and keep it with you. Was soon rectified. We paid £104 for the night with 8 days parking in total, so we felt it was a no brainer to stay there and definitely would do so again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I always enjoy hearing about guests who booked with purpose and found us to be the ideal match. We are brilliantly located within two minutes walk of Stansted Airport and our Relax & Fly packages help you to incorporate whatever you need from us to match your flights.

Our individual reception positions are designed to make checking-in at our hotel something more personal. This style of reception area is something we really believe in and once our guests become accustomed to this approach – it will work for you every time.

I am thrilled that staying with us meant you got the rest you needed for travelling. Leaving your own bed at home isn’t always easy. Our beds are designed to let you drift off just as easily. I hope having stayed with us that Stansted will now be your first choice of airport, because you know what is waiting for you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was our second stay at the Radisson and although the food and driks are a little on the expensive side i consider it to be well worth the money.In ou case we had a 0600 flight so were abel to have an early night set our alarm clock and walk from the hotel into the airport with no hassle after our return flight it was just a matter of picking up the car key getting the car and driving home.No problems at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to read your review of our hotel. You clearly loved how well connected you become when you stay with us. We are after all, just two minutes walk away from the airport terminal – with train and bus services to London and Cambridge very close by.

Staying here you are also spoilt for choice with food options. Whether you want a sumptuous sirloin steak, crispy calamari or a classic calzone – our three stunning venues will offer you wonderful tastes and with a relaxing atmosphere to ease away any travel strains
We would love to welcome you back anytime, bring the car, relax and let us add in the little details you enjoy.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Its manager Carlos Dias is rude, unprofessional and inattentive. Rarely I met such a luck of professionalism and passion. When we checked-in they couldn't find our booking, so they simply invited us to step out and to send them the booking.com email confirmation. I felt like an undesirable guest. When I told the manager they should improve their customer service, this guy simply reply saying that he's not payed enough to greet rude customers like us!?!?!

If I was the general manager I would fire this guy straight away.

As a frequent flyers, we will definitely stay at Hilton next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank BruceWayneIT
Management_Radisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry and I do deeply apologise for the way you were treated and the way you were left feeling by my team. I would really like to put this situation right for you and use this feedback to further develop and train my staff members at the front desk. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly on susan.horazek@radissonblu.com I will deal with this situation personally. Thank you very much.

Susan