All reviews rutland water lake view overlooking the water stunning location courtyard room wedding venue lovely setting four poster bed bridal suite buffet style superior room some tlc stable block tea and coffee normanton park conservatory daniel
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

We were on a walk around Rutland Water and this seemed an ideal place to stop for a spot of lunch. The bar area was quite small, but cosy and the menu looked good. We ordered parsnip soup, and a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich, which came with a side salad and crisps. Unfortunately there was no draught bitter, our usual choice of drink. We had draught stout instead. The lunch was good and just adequate in terms of portion size. The staff were were busy and not particularly welcoming, though the bar staff were attentive.

Room tip: Some of the rooms overlook Rutland Water
Date of stay: January 2020
Phil T, General Manager at Best Western Normanton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Guest,

I do apologise for the lack of the draught bitter during your visit for lunch. Sometimes we are at the mercy of our suppliers and they did let us down this week by being out of stock.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food. We do have an excellent bar menu and with our position so close to the water we are extremely busy with walking trade.

We hope to see you soon

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

The most dirty hotel I‘ve ever stayed. It looks like they don’t bother themselves with changing sheets. I arrived very late and therefore I didn’t try to change the room. Next time I definitely will stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled on business
Phil T, Manager at Best Western Normanton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear Guest

I am sorry to read your review as I can assure you ALL our bed linen is changed for each new check in as is the industry standard and we also get audited regularly by Best Western. This has never been an issue for us here and I cant investigate as nothing was mentioned by yourself during the stay.
We have many many positive comments regarding the Hotel as other travellers have commented on how clean the Hotel is.
I hope you are successful in finding somewhere local to stay in the future

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Spent just the one night here this time, very nice welcome from the lady on reception.
stayed in The Oakham Room, which was very clean and smelt fresh.
Breakfast was served in the conservatory, and we were well looked after by the breakfast waiter Thank you

Date of stay: December 2019
Phil T, General Manager at Best Western Normanton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that everything was up to your requirements and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Excellent parking facilities, super friendly staff,food is excellent. Rooms are dated but comfortable. Lovely roaring fire within the bar. Bar is well stocked and the hotel is animal friendly. Breakfast was self service with a choice of cooked breakfast, continental option available.Hotel is no fuss and peaceful.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Steve

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay. We are very much a no fuss Hotel and we do pride ourselves on our friendly service so it is nice to see that this has shone through on your visit.

Reviewed December 26, 2019

Just stayed there for a 2 day Xmas break. Accommodation poor, food poor, service non existent, only good thing about the place is the view. Glasses in bar were dirty & windows needed cleaning. We were ripped off for what we got.

Room tip: Don’t bother
Date of stay: December 2019
Phil T, Manager at Best Western Normanton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Guest,

I have seen you review left now on three different feedback sites and would like to say that we have received no negative comments from any other guest that stayed on our Residential package and in fact have already had 4 parties book in advance for next year.

I am sorry you felt 'ripped off' as we are always the cheapest Hotel for Residential Packages over the festive period out of any hotel in the area