“Beautiful hotel but not central”

Ras Michamvi Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Michamvi
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Pros
I enjoyed my stay at this lovely resort. The rooms huge nicely decorated and clean. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. It is a little older but very well maintained.
Cons:
No accessible beaches, Far away from EVERYTHING. The transportation is expensive and I pretty much can eat up your budget. while I was there There were only 2 maybe 3 other guests. We never saw them though.
If you want to have absolute peace and quite stay here. If you want to explore the Island, I recommend somewhere in stone town or North beach.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank livehappy01

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The beach location is splendid, interesting snorkelling, the views are tremendous, rooms are big, the dining and bar area is superb, staff are helpful and full of character giving an all round relaxing experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RCGilfillan
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently stayed 8 days at the Ras Michamvi. The hotel staff were beyond incredible and always willing to accommodate. They knew all the guests by name. Hotel was extremely clean and food was fantastic. I have several dietary restrictions and they were more than willing to accommodate. There was usually no power during the day but they did warn us upon arriving so we were able to work around it (Its Africa, these things are common there). This didnt really affect my party as we were there to enjoy the sun and beach during the day and the power was always back on by 6pm. The beach was amazing with very fine sand and clear blue water. The hotel organized several day trips for us (at our expense), including a tour of Stone Town, Snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and we were extremely pleased with all of the excursions. The hotel is in a very quiet location which is ideal for someone looking to relax. Its a very small hotel and, at one point during our stay, we were the only people there.It is very well-kept. The gardens are absolutely beautiful.I have stayed in other hotels in Tanzania and none of them compare to the quality of the Ras. I highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: opt for the ocean view, there's nothing greater than waking up, walking out of your room and see...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter and I had an excellent stay 11 day stay at Ras Michamvi. The entire staff was wonderful from helping us to book additional tours around the island, to helping us contact our own tour company, and answering our questions. The hotel is beautifully located in a small cove away from the busy other tourist beaches. The hotel garden areas are filled with flowers. There are miles of beaches to walk and explore during low tide. Locals are out fishing either in boats or by wading in the shallow tides. During high tide the pool is available and a higher level beach area is available for sunbathing. The dining staff were exceptional adding a vegetarian dish every night for my daughter. Our room staff left flowers and sculptured towels every morning. This is a wonderful place to just relax and enjoy time away from the more tourist/party oriented areas. We felt like royalty during our stay at Ras Michamvi.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank salaktraveler1
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went there after a hard trek on Kilimandjaro to relax and the goal was achieved. Very nice location and nice hotel. The view is awesome. The staff is very friendly and makes you feel special. We took the snorkeling trip and I saw one of the nicest beach I have seen in my life.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I spent 10 days at Ras Michamvi. It was a wonderful and relaxing time. The hotelstaff was extremly friendly and helpful!!! The service and atmosphere were just great.
For dinner one can choose between 3 menues and the food was always good and the view from the restaurant was just great.
From the oceanview rooms you can see the sunrise what I liked alot.
At times also some monkeys were passing by.
For swimming you can choose between the nice hotelpool and two beaches. One of them with nice white sand only.
If you look for a quiet and relaxing holiday its a great place to be.The hotel also organises nice tours like spice tour, sunset dhow trip, snorcheling, dolphintour and many more.
If you look for a "Partyholiday" you should look for another hotel. The Ras Michamvi is more of a quiet place.
Since this is what I was looking for I really enjoyed my holiday and I didnt regret the choice of my hotel!!! And it it as beautiful as it looks on the pictures.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank odiero79
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It takes time to reach here. Therein lies its exclusiveness. The resort is built on coral stones. One has to appreciate the hard work behind it to make it such a wonderful place. It's a resort with three well kept beaches. The swimming pool is clean and well placed on terrace. The different colours of flowers in the garden make one feel very relaxed. The architecture of the compound increases the general picture of how things are organized. I used to wake up early in the morning listening the mighty waves of Indian Ocean bashing the sand banks. The serenity of sunrise is accompanied by birds singing. Wow!

Carima and Aboud

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aboud A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Michamvi
Coral Rock Zanzibar
#5 of 6 in Pongwe
Cristal Resort
Cristal Resort
#3 of 8 in Paje

Been to Ras Michamvi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!