The Konokono resort is a beautiful small hotel, in the middle of well maintained half wild gardens. It is quite remote (you go through 10/15mn of terrible dirt road to get there from the main road), but this is what is appreciable. Really feels sometime like there is nothing else on earth...
The villas are spacious, simply furnished but chic, and the plunge pool is much appreciated when you want to feel at home. The white sand beach is idyllic.
The food is not equal from a day to another but globally good. The theme and format of the dinner changes every night, which prevent from getting bored.
Personnel is very caring and kind. This hotel is high standard but relaxed for the customers.
Feels like a bit of paradise where everything is put together for you to enjoy, feel comfortable (almost at home), and you just feel good !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kono Kono Beach Resort is located on the south eastern coast of Zanzibar; these 21 luxurious villas are only an hour's drive away from the Zanzibar International Airport. The breathtaking beauty of this side of the Island offers arguably the best beaches in Zanzibar. The property covers 48000m² and more than 40% is under the resort’s conservation program and has the rarest fauna and flora including wildlife such as monkeys, local deer, endemic bird species and supposedly the discreet Zanzibar leopard, which is believed to be extinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your KonoKono Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kono Kono Beach Villas Hotel Michamvi
- KonoKono Beach Resort Michamvi, Zanzibar Island