We stayed at Kono Kono for three nights. The Bungalows are absolutely gorgeous. They are spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff is very friendly but takes it time, as usual in Tanzania (pole pole). That is probably one of the only negative point - something I would not expect from such an expensive place.
The beach is very nice - there was just a lot of sea weed during our stay. But this is depending highly on the season.
Dinner at night is served at the beach and is very lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kono Kono Beach Resort is located on the south eastern coast of Zanzibar; these 24 luxurious villas are only an hour's drive away from the Zanzibar International Airport. The breathtaking beauty of this side of the Island offers arguably the best beaches in Zanzibar. The property covers 48000m² and more than 40% is under the resort’s conservation program and has the rarest fauna and flora including wildlife such as monkeys, local deer, endemic bird species and supposedly the discreet Zanzibar leopard, which is believed to be extinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your KonoKono Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kono Kono Beach Villas Hotel Michamvi
- KonoKono Beach Resort Michamvi, Zanzibar Island