TripAdvisor
Michamvi
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews stone town honeymoon package every night mangrove forest different locations dinner on the beach sunset bay resort reef shoes east africa food is excellent the entire staff rooms are large swahili buffet family holiday sea life management team fantastic location
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights in mid December 2013. The first two nights, we were privileged to be the only guests at the resort and had the magical experience of exclusivity, exceptional service and great food. The fish curry at the bar's lunch menu is to die for, literally..
The resort is right on the beach. We had dinner on the beach with sunset views and African jazz playing on the background and a huge bon- fire afterwards. I was just blown away by the kindness of the staff and especially Brad, the resort manager. Brad was exceptionally attentive and a great host during our stay. The rooms are spacious, immaculate and the resort is very private with exceptional service. This was my first time in Zanzibar and I highly recommend this resort.
Gertrude

Room tip: If you can, book the king size rooms on the upstairs floor. The ocean view from the large balcony is breathtaking
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelisgood1977
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family (two kids -- 3 and 1.5 years) and my parents stayed here for two nights, including Christmas day. Rooms: Spacious rooms that are meticulously clean. The bathroom looked so new that I felt like I was the first one ever inside of it. The room opened right onto the pool and steps from the beach. Grounds: It's on the smaller side (which is great) and the hotel has done a great job with the space they have. There is a bar and two restaurant locations, giving the necessary diversity to meal time. There is a volleyball court for those feeling athletic. It feels incredibly safe and inviting. Pool: There is a kids pool and an adult pool. The kids pool was terrific for the young ones as they could both stand and splash around. Beach: The hotel offers free water shoes (critical for the at times sharp sea floor), snorkels, fins, and life jackets. The water was pretty choppy (in part due to high winds) that made for some great fun in the ocean. The sand is white white and incredibly soft. Tranquility: This is not where you go to party or be a part of the night scene. This is for pure relaxation. You feel removed from the hustle and bustle of normal life. However, for those unable to let go, they do have wireless internet for free in all the rooms. Food: The breakfast was nothing overwhelming but exactly what was needed to start a day. The dinners, particularly dinner on the beach with the waves coming within meters of the table and a local Mariachi-style Swahili band playing, were outstanding. The price of food and drinks is extremely reasonable, even though you are so far from anything else that one might think they would charge wild fees. Customer Service: Perhaps more than anything, our stay will be remembered because of the warm hospitality we received from all staff, but Brad (owner) in particular. He is constantly moving around, seeing how things are going, and is genuinely concerned about the well-being of the guests. He helped us identify baby-sitting services for two evenings and bent over backwards for our family when both of our children became sick (note: nothing to do with the hotel!). He and the staff were delightful on email before arriving and even more delightful upon meeting. They are not about trying to squeeze money out of you but rather have a long-term philosophy about treating you well and hoping you will share your positive experience with others. And it works! It's just what I'm doing now.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Seth G
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is amazingly clean, the facilities are top-class and all the staff are friendly. We visited a few other hotels on the island and this one was the best. The food, snacks and refreshments were very good and always well presented. Probably the most stunning feature is the west-facing beach facade that gives the perfect view of the famous Zanzibar sunset every night.
The pool is larger than most hotels we visited. There is a choice of bars for eating, drinking and watching sport on large flat screen TV's.
The beach and sea are safe to walk and swim in, and with a low flat run-off you can go out a long way without being out if your depth.
I cannot speak more highly of the staff and the facilities.
This is definitely the place to return to again and again, with almost guaranteed good weather even in the tourist off-season.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with my friends who I was visiting in Zanzibar. It was absolutely amazing. The rooms were beautiful, and the view you woke up to on a morning was just like something out of a dream. Real paradise. Our rooms were huge, and clean with lovely bathrooms. Lazing by the pool/at the beach was very relaxed and peaceful and the selection of food and drinks on offer was great. Dinner was lovely and me and my boyfriend even got a birthday cake with the most joyous happy birthday sang to us ever. Really made the whole stay more special. Luckily for us, it was quiet season too so we didn't need to check out of our rooms the next day. We could relax by the pool and leave when we wanted to. I'd most definately visit here again, it really ticked all of the boxes.

Room tip: Facing the sea gives the most beautiful view and is still very peaceful and quiet
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is located in a perfect setting on the bay on the SE part of the island. The bay is great for anyone interested in a nice long swim or parents with kids since there are no waves with which to contend. The atmosphere is comfortable and the surroundings luxurious without any fuss. Brad and his team have struck the right balance. The food, service, etc was great. We have traveled far and wide and hope to return to this lovely hotel.

Room tip: All are equally good
Date of stay: October 2013