All reviewsno liftsea viewsea fronthotel is situatedfriendly hotelbognor regisstayed here for one nightshort breakfamily roombognor townindoor poolbit datedbreakfast was excellentcomfortable staycooked breakfastground floorbunk beds
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Can be quite expensive but is a good hotel. Breakfasts are very good. I liked the cooked breakfasts. They have a small pool which was very convenient. The location is excellent. Most rooms are good some, very good.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Phillip1985, Manager at Best Western Beachcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We welcome your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that when visiting the area in the future you will choose to stay at the Beachcroft again.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice hotel. Great view, walking distance from the train station, power shower, tidy rooms and helpful staff. My only suggestion would be to give the toasts altogether with tea/coffee when your guests are arriving for breakfast. It might be a little thing but for someone who does not have cereal/croissants and just sits there waiting for the plated breakfast it would mean a lot.

Will definitely be back. Love your swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We have been reviewing all customer feedback over the last few months and have concluded to continue to offer toast with the plated breakfast for the majority of guests.

I would like to assure you that on request for toast to arrive with Tea/Coffee we can ensure that this is provided.

Once again thank you for choosing the Beachcroft Hotel.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I write this shortly before checking out.
Very comfortable hotel just outside Bognor in the village of Felpham, in a sense its ‘round the back’ of Butlins holiday camp. Well signed as you come into Felpham, dont miss the left turn into Clyde Road.
Hotel was full, being half term, so it was a squeeze into the car park, I got the last place, not sure where later arrivers would park.
Nice welcome and a good sized room with two single beds, and all amenities including free WiFi internet. The TV was rather small for this size of room , they need to upgrade with larger flat screens.
Good choice for dinner, mainly what I call ‘non contraversial’ fare, but well executed and enjoyed. But why do the serve butter in those horrendous mini parcels ?. Many hotels use them at breakfast but at dinner, to me they are a ‘No No’. It would be little extra in cost to serve ‘proper’ butter in a dish, at least at dinner , and preferably at breakfast also.
Breakfast seemed well executed and efficient, but the kipper I ordered were not proper full kippers complete on the bone, as I prefer. They were fillets, and a bit bland in taste.
Ok a few minor gripes here , but generally an acceptable well run hotel and worth the 4 stars I have given

Further visit with my wife 23rd August 2012.

More or less the same as my report above. Car Park is now larger, and they’ve got rid of the butter parcels. They are the pull off type now, but not as good as butter in a dish ! Again dinner enjoyed by both of us

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased to confirm that we are looking into the presentation of our butter served with evening service. We hope to have a suitable solution worked out very soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Quirky layout, but that was the hand they were dealt. Nice quiet Hotel right (and I mean right) by the beach at Felpham. The sound of the sea lulled me to sleep in a most comfortable bed.
We didn't eat dinner here, as we fancied a wander into the village of Felpham just behind the hotel, where we found a pub serving food. The restaurant looked OK though, we had two very nice breakfasts in it, served by extremely enthusiastic and helpful young staff.
My wife had a dip in the small but adequate very warm pool. When we asked for a key and a towel for her, the helpful receptionist said that there was a family using it with several children, and how about she phoned our room when they had had their swim? Good as her word, she did a few minutes later. Great service!

Room Tip: If one has trouble with stairs, then book a room on the ground floor. If you prefer the quiet old-fashioned type of sea-side, instead of turning right on the promenade for Bognor, TURN LEFT on the esplanade -- Felpham beach is delightful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I have shared these with the rest of the team. I am very pleased to learn that you found the service of our team helpful and efficient.

I hope that when in the local area you will choose to stay with us here at the Beachcroft again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent the night in this Hotel and was pleased overall. The room was fine, though the TV had a snowy screen. The bath was fantastic, lots of steaming hot water and the shower felt like a power shower, though it looked like a normal one to me. Swimming pool was just right for me, only 4 foot deep which meant that as a poor swimmer I was never out of my depth. It was also warm, but not too warm. Although the restaurant menu looked good we decided to eat at a nearby Indian, but breakfast was excellent. Service was prompt, food hot, staff attentive, pity about the poor state of the carpet though.
I would not want to walk without shoes on as it was very dirty.The restaurant could do with a refurb generally.
There is no lift in this Hotel and the stairs are very steep, so care is needed.
Receptionist was very attentive and pleasant and offered any help that was needed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground or first floor. These seemed to be bigger than on the top floor and if you have trouble with stairs this could be a nightmare. The only other thing I can think of is that you would probably be better off in a room at the back of theHotel as the sun shines on the front a lot, so the rooms there would get rather hot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aitchraz

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have the carpet and restaurant professionally cleaned four times a year but based on your comments will look to increase this in the high footfall seasons.

I hope that when in the local area you will choose to stay here at the Beachcroft again.