All reviewsno liftsea viewsea fronthotel is situatedfriendly hotelbognor regisstayed here for one nightshort breakfamily roombognor townindoor poolbit datedbreakfast was excellentcomfortable staycooked breakfastground floorbunk beds
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Nice hotel. Great view, walking distance from the train station, power shower, tidy rooms and helpful staff. My only suggestion would be to give the toasts altogether with tea/coffee when your guests are arriving for breakfast. It might be a little thing but for someone who does not have cereal/croissants and just sits there waiting for the plated breakfast it would mean a lot.

Will definitely be back. Love your swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Phillip1985, Manager at Best Western Beachcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We have been reviewing all customer feedback over the last few months and have concluded to continue to offer toast with the plated breakfast for the majority of guests.

I would like to assure you that on request for toast to arrive with Tea/Coffee we can ensure that this is provided.

Once again thank you for choosing the Beachcroft Hotel.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I write this shortly before checking out.
Very comfortable hotel just outside Bognor in the village of Felpham, in a sense its ‘round the back’ of Butlins holiday camp. Well signed as you come into Felpham, dont miss the left turn into Clyde Road.
Hotel was full, being half term, so it was a squeeze into the car park, I got the last place, not sure where later arrivers would park.
Nice welcome and a good sized room with two single beds, and all amenities including free WiFi internet. The TV was rather small for this size of room , they need to upgrade with larger flat screens.
Good choice for dinner, mainly what I call ‘non contraversial’ fare, but well executed and enjoyed. But why do the serve butter in those horrendous mini parcels ?. Many hotels use them at breakfast but at dinner, to me they are a ‘No No’. It would be little extra in cost to serve ‘proper’ butter in a dish, at least at dinner , and preferably at breakfast also.
Breakfast seemed well executed and efficient, but the kipper I ordered were not proper full kippers complete on the bone, as I prefer. They were fillets, and a bit bland in taste.
Ok a few minor gripes here , but generally an acceptable well run hotel and worth the 4 stars I have given

Further visit with my wife 23rd August 2012.

More or less the same as my report above. Car Park is now larger, and they’ve got rid of the butter parcels. They are the pull off type now, but not as good as butter in a dish ! Again dinner enjoyed by both of us

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am pleased to confirm that we are looking into the presentation of our butter served with evening service. We hope to have a suitable solution worked out very soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Quirky layout, but that was the hand they were dealt. Nice quiet Hotel right (and I mean right) by the beach at Felpham. The sound of the sea lulled me to sleep in a most comfortable bed.
We didn't eat dinner here, as we fancied a wander into the village of Felpham just behind the hotel, where we found a pub serving food. The restaurant looked OK though, we had two very nice breakfasts in it, served by extremely enthusiastic and helpful young staff.
My wife had a dip in the small but adequate very warm pool. When we asked for a key and a towel for her, the helpful receptionist said that there was a family using it with several children, and how about she phoned our room when they had had their swim? Good as her word, she did a few minutes later. Great service!

Room Tip: If one has trouble with stairs, then book a room on the ground floor. If you prefer the quiet old-fashioned type of sea-side, instead of turning right on the promenade for Bognor, TURN LEFT on the esplanade -- Felpham beach is delightful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I have shared these with the rest of the team. I am very pleased to learn that you found the service of our team helpful and efficient.

I hope that when in the local area you will choose to stay with us here at the Beachcroft again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent the night in this Hotel and was pleased overall. The room was fine, though the TV had a snowy screen. The bath was fantastic, lots of steaming hot water and the shower felt like a power shower, though it looked like a normal one to me. Swimming pool was just right for me, only 4 foot deep which meant that as a poor swimmer I was never out of my depth. It was also warm, but not too warm. Although the restaurant menu looked good we decided to eat at a nearby Indian, but breakfast was excellent. Service was prompt, food hot, staff attentive, pity about the poor state of the carpet though.
I would not want to walk without shoes on as it was very dirty.The restaurant could do with a refurb generally.
There is no lift in this Hotel and the stairs are very steep, so care is needed.
Receptionist was very attentive and pleasant and offered any help that was needed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground or first floor. These seemed to be bigger than on the top floor and if you have trouble with stairs this could be a nightmare. The only other thing I can think of is that you would probably be better off in a room at the back of theHotel as the sun shines on the front a lot, so the rooms there would get rather hot.
1  Thank aitchraz

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have the carpet and restaurant professionally cleaned four times a year but based on your comments will look to increase this in the high footfall seasons.

I hope that when in the local area you will choose to stay here at the Beachcroft again.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here one night on our trip around the UK where we have sampled quite a few hotels. This one is very poor value for money, but there were some positive points. Check in Receptionist was very nice and quickly gave us the room key - No.30. On entering the room I asked my husband to guess how much we were paying. Sad to say he did not guess at just over £100 for bed and breakfast!! The room, although very clean, was like stepping back in time, as is the whole place really with decor dating back several decades.

The bathroom was okay and had a shower over the bath. Off the room was a small curtained alcove which contained two bunk beds. This would be fine if you wanted to come on holiday with small children who would put up with sleeping in a cupboard. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were pretty dire. There was a tea/coffee tray and a flat screen tv with poor reception of the channels available. But hey we were not here to watch tv, we were in Bognor for a visit to a hospitalised friend and the hotel was very conveniently located. The sea view is over a flat roof which gave us a security issue, so we shut the windows when we went out - problem solved.

On returning from the visit, the car park was full. I queried where we might park, as the nearby streets were packed and the receptionist said there was an overflow carpark at the back but we could park in the disabled bay which we did. The back carpark when we saw it was also full save for one space.

We decided to eat in the restaurant and the receptionist suggested we wait a bit as there was a large party of 17 dining and we would not want to be caught up in that. So we had a drink in the bar and gave our order. When called through we were put right next to the party of 17 who were not surprisingly quite noisy. There were plenty of other tables and when we asked to be moved this was accomplished happily. The starters were fine, but my main course (steak and kidney pie) was cold although it was on a very hot plate. My husband had fish and his was fine.
On request my meal was microwaved to the correct heat and was quite acceptable then.

We slept okay, the hotel was reasonably quiet and had an acceptable breakfast the next day comprising help yourself fruit/cereal/pastries and cooked to order English breakfast with toast.

When I paid on check out another receptionist - equally friendly as are all the staff - asked if all was okay. Initially I said a half hearted yes and then thought No I will say what I think and told them I thought the hotel was overpriced. A man, maybe the manager, spoke to me and explained it was August. Well it was August at all the other hotels I have stayed in and they were much better value. Maybe its Bognor but if I need to visit again I will shop around for somewhere that is better value.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for some of your comments. Firstly I would like to remind you that a three star hotel and in our location prices do rise depending on the demand for the area within particular times of year.

I am pleased to announce that following your visit we have visited all hotel bedrooms and bathrooms to uplift the look and feel of the product we offer.

We have many repeat families who visit the hotel as they enjoy the privacy that can be had once their children are sleeping as opposed to all sleeping in the same room.

The Sea View is very difficult to argue. I am sure you would agree that, yes you did have a good view of the sea? With any hotel you visit which is only set across 3 levels you will always see something below you whether it is a garden, a road or a car park. To be honest you would be hard pushed to find a hotel closer to the sea front without actually being in the sea!

I am pleased that in general you enjoyed the service of our team and after a small hic-up enjoyed your evening meal with us.

We do offer heavy promotions to attract guests to the local area throughout the winter months. Currently running a promotion which is £99.00 per person for a three or four night break between November & March.

If you are in the local are again please contact us directly on 01243 827142 and we will be able to offer you the best available price if booking with us direct.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.