“Scone but not forgotten”
Review of Teddy's

Teddy's
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nice atmosphere if a bit of a tight fit to find a seat when busy but worth it for the very fine scones and wonderfully refreshing Darjeeling tea. Quick service too and a window seat by the teddies ideal.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We came here for a cooked breakfast at the weekend, and were very impressed by the excellent quality of the produce (the best sausages we've tasted in a very long time), and the friendly service. The portions were generous and the food was clearly cooked and presented with care.

The Eggs Benedict was delicious and had proper hollandaise sauce (not the packet stuff some other places try to palm you off with!) and lovely tasty thick ham.

The Full English was impressively large, and everything on the plate was top quality - from freshly sauteed portabello mushrooms, to the scrummy sausages and thickly cut bacon, to the golden-yolked fried eggs. And 'Hurrah' for a cafe that doesn't put Baked Beans on breakfast!

The only slight negative was the coffee wasn't great, we ordered filtered but think we got standard (and very weak/watery) americano.

Apart fom that, we couldn't fault the food or service and will definitely be making the journey back for breakfasts in future.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I live in London and come back home to Shoreham about once a month. I occasionally frequent the always popular Teddy's, but I don't think I will any longer. On my recent visit I sat for 15 minutes without even being acknowledged by the waiting staff - including the lady who I believe is the owner - who buzzed about serving people she knew before other customers.

I come here for the good food, but to be honest there are so many good cafes in Shoreham now which offer better value and attentive service. I doubt I'll be back to Teddy's.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Do like this cafe and it has a lovely selection of cakes. Breakfast is good and a huge variety of food and drink on offer. But I do find it quite pricey.

1  Thank gill w
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Amazing cake selection, all home made. Coffee not the best but definitely worth a visit. Had light meals there before and food excellent, especially the calamari

1  Thank blueeyes2353