“Fantastic food and excellent service”

The Bridge Inn Shoreham
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I live within walking distance of The Bridge and it is one of my favourite places to eat. It is so popular that reserving a table is advisable, even during the week. A varied menu, with an excellent choice of fish dishes and some delicious desserts. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the landlady, Imogen, is always welcoming. Parking is a problem outside the pub, but there are several car parks nearby.

1  Thank Jean P

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Been 3 times on a Sunday for food.

Looks great and everyone tells me it is but every time I've been there has been a random reason why I can't have any. Last time was at 1pm and you couldn't order unless you had a reservation. Annoying adI'd just spent 30 mins parking and then finding the perfect seat outside looking over the river.

Time before that I went at 3 pm and they said they'd been busy so were closing the kitchen til 6pm. So go there but ring first is my recommendation!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I live only a few hundred yards away, and being powerchair bound, have to choose my restaurants carefully. The Bridge is truly great; not only is the food outstanding, but the staff are really courteous and helpful. It is almost always busy, which makes booking advisable, but you need to allow the waiting time for the food, being freshly cooked to order. The menu is varied and innovative, and as long as you recognise that the Bridge is different, then I expect that you will love it. 4 of us went for dinner last night. My soup was superb - a complex variety of ingredients moving home made soup to another level. My main was the Moroccan Lamb Shank - I am under orders from my assistance dog to bring her home the bone, so the two of us were delighted!
A well created and very flavoursome dish, which I thoroughly enjoyed. My desert was home made strawberry ice cream, also excellent. The wide list offers a good choice at reasonable prices. Even the picky ones in my party enjoyed it (Wow!)

I only wish I could eat there more often, as it ticks every box for me!
I'll be back as soon as I can. Well done Imogen and team!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

available in this increasingly improving town. We have lunched here on 5 occasions and never had a bad experience. The price you pay for such exceptional ingredients that are so expertly cooked makes this a great value eatery. The staff are efficient, welcoming and friendly. They are well lead by a "hands on" manager and while the ambience is busy it is not intrusive. We will return and continue to recommend this establishment to others.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

What can i say have dined her several times now ..and feel this place should be put on the map ..a fantastic service were you are always welcomed with a smile ..the xciting and lively menu will leave u in dilema of wht to decide on and the quility hasnt ever failed me ..ok the wait can sometimes be alittle while but only because its poplurity .but you can feel ur time with the stunning views and friendly atmosphere ..i love this place and totally recomend it !