“Just gets better and better!”
Review of Into the Blue

Into the Blue
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: One of the highest rated Restaurants by our customers on TripAdvisor in West Sussex. Consistently ranked at number one in Shoreham by Sea. We are a small family run restaurant just a few hundred yards from both the unspoilt Shoreham Beach and the River Adur. Just a west of Brighton we source the very finest local Seafood. With Steaks, and vegetarian food for the non fish eaters. Popular menu options include our Seafood Platter, Fruit de Mer, local lobster,& Surf and Turf. We recommend our specials board with an exciting fusion of flavours offering the seasonal catch of Monk Fish, Skate, Halibut, just to mention a few. Mid week we offer a special two course mid week menu. Relaxed an informal but with exceptional high end food !!!
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We've been coming here for many years now and the food just gets better and better. Not only is this the best restaurant in Shoreham, it's better than anything we've eaten to Brighton as well, and would put many London restaurants to shame!

Last night we had the set Christmas menu, £23 for three courses. To start we had the scallops, three big ones perfectly cooked in a lovely light sauce with pancetta and leeks, delicious. Then we had the fillet steak, cooked rare on a bed of spinach, field mushroom and flavoured mash, with a wonderful cream mushroom sauce. No sooner had I noticed that there wasn't a lot of sauce the lovely waitress appeared with an extra jug jug - I do love it when restaurants realise a little dribble around the plate is never enough! The steak was magnificent, beautifully tender and flavoursome and perfectly cooked. To finish we had the home made profiteroles in a warm chocolate orange sauce.

The timing was also perfect, we had our starters in under 10 minutes and a perfect break between that and the steaks.

Now I am very picky when it comes to restaurant food having worked in the industry and being a really foody and I have to say it was all faultless. On top of that the service was very friendly and entertaining!

Every time we come back it just gets better and better, and with a bill for two people including a bottle of wine for this quality of food for £68 it was a bargain to. Please just keep doing what you're doing and we'll keep coming back!

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I went once, I've been back since, and I'm going back again. Great discovery off the beaten track. Fresh food and refreshing new find.

1  Thank Tim F
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Went for a brilliant birthday meal and it was one to remember! My boyfriend had the surf and turf and was in heaven. Could cut the steak with a spoon! I had the £10 2 course menu, was fabulous! Brilliant value, great food and a lovely atmosphere. Would recommend for a romantic night or a group of people out for a lovely meal :-)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The interior is simple and unpretentious. The delicious smells from the kitchen held great promise. On a rainy Saturday lunch time only two tables have become vacant at 1.30 pm, so my friend and I were lucky to be accommodated without a reservation. We got off to a slow start with a long wait for the menu which was delivered with a sincere apology from our hard working waitress. The bouillabaisse was the best we'd ever tasted and was a generous fish feast. We will both definitely return and introduce friends and family to this wonderful find.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were in the Shoreham area on business and found this lovely restaurant on trip advisor (iphone...) wonderful food great service. Will definitely be back!!