“Perfectly Pitched”

Into the Blue
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant serving the very finest in locally caught Fish, Seafood and Steaks. Situated close to Shoreham Beach.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We've just moved to Shoreham Beach and tried this restaurant a few nights ago. The service is excellent, unobtrusive but attentive and friendly. We had lobster, chips and salad - the lobster tasted like it had just walked off the beach it was so fresh. The chips are 'thrice' cooked and amazing - really tasty and crunchy. Nice salad too with a lovely subtle dressing. We had sticky toffee pudding and the lemon trio for pudding. Lemon trio was good, posset, meringue+curd and sticky lemon cake with ice-cream. Lovely and sharp. The sticky toffee pud was great too - very light and not overly sweet.
In terms of the ambience of the restaurant I totally disagree with the reviewer from Brighton who said the tables were extremely close together. No way. I refuse to eat at restaurants where you are sat cheek by jowl with other diners and I actually said to my husband that this place was great because there was a decent space between tables. So I don't know where that chap was coming from at all. All in all a lovely dinner and I'm so pleased this is our new local restaurant. I'm pretty sure we will be eating here a lot.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This restaurant was found by one of our party on the internet and proved to be as good as reviews had suggested. After a delightful drive down through the sunlit Sussex countryside our party of six enjoyed a great meal washed down by a couple of bottles of a very acceptable South African wine. Yes, the tables were a little close but not claustrophobically so and the service was quick and attentive and provided by waitresses with smiles. After the meal there was the beach providing scope for a pleasant walk.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our experience does not seem to be in line with others who have written reviews here, so I am assuming that we just picked a bad night. The service was slow with some requests forgotten. The tables were extremely close together, far too close for comfort and I felt rather claustrophobic in this conservatory style enclosure. The food was ok but I did not think it was anything special. It was a busy Saturday night so maybe that had something to do with the less than perfect experience. However, the closeness of the tables is, really pushing what is acceptable for comfort.

3  Thank Prospero555
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Visited this restaurant again yesterday after watching the fanastic fireworks on Shoreham Beach. Our second visit and it was every bit as good as the first. The scallop starter with pea puree and pancetta was gorgeous - the scallops just melted in the mouth. The salt and pepper calamari with Teriyaki dip was also excellent. For main courses my boyfriend had fillet steak which he said was very tender and tasty and cooked exactly as he had asked for. I had the bouillabaisse which was extremely good, very flavourful and with large pieces of fish. We will definitely be going back again!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had an extremely enjoyable evening meal here on 10th November and found the other reviews were very accurate. We had the scallops and calamari to start with which were beautifully presented and delicious, followed by the bouilabaise which was wonderful. We finished with the chocolate creme brulees which were divine. Lovely to be so near the beach and have a walk along it afterwards. Can't wait to return.