“Great Value, Great Food”
Review of Chambers Bistro

Chambers Bistro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been here three times and not been disappointed. Admittedly the second time, the whole group had a steak from the set menu which was exceptional value. One minute steak was full of fat and gristle but was replaced immediately. The first time we all ate different meals from the a la carte menu and we were all pleasantly surprised. I would say some of the main menu is edging towards the higher end of value but it was still very good food at reasonable prices. However, my Dad and Wife who ate with me advised they were not totally satisfied. The Sea Bream was full of bones which my Dad did not expect. My wife said her dish was very good, but not excellent (I think it was the aubergine). All in all I have been very satisfied with my visits.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our trip to this restaurant a lot. They'd run out of the things some of us wanted to order (paella and the roast dinners) at 6pm on a Sunday, but there were plenty of other good options on the menu. The tables were nicely spread out, the staff were welcoming and attentive, and the food was good. The desserts were really nice. We spent £28 a head for main meals, wine and desserts. We were able to take our time with our meals, and never felt rushed. I'd happily go again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We treat ourselves to a meal at Chambers about three or four times a year, and love eating there. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is usually great, whether the place is packed or quiet.

The food does sometimes take a while to arrive, but is always worth the wait. The chips are magnificent, the starters are superb, and the puddings are magic. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The service & food are excellent. Not the cheapest in town but for the quality, ambience & service it's worth it. And you can hear yourself speak!

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The wife and I thought we would try somewhere new and Chambers Bistro was well reviewed on TripAdvisor so thought we'd try it.
Restaurant is very well presented and tables for two are a good size and not too close together.
Friday nights is music night and they had a guitarist and vocalist playing great background music. Not too loud that you couldn't talk but enough that it created a great atmosphere.
Food wise it was very good. Presentation was excellent with flavours that worked well together.
Beef Wellington has to be ordered in advance which I had done and it was worth the effort. Lovely buttery pastry and a tender steak.
My favourite dish though, the sticky toffee pudding for dessert, I could have ordered this twice it was that good.
Will definitely be going again and would recommend it.