“Excellent Wedding Venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 Lathom B&B and Inns
Liverpool
“Excellent Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had our wedding here on 31/05/2013 and we can't speak highly enough of everyone involved at Briars Hall. Right from the first meeting we had with Paul we were very well looked after. Karen made sure everything went smoothly on the day and couldn't do enough for us, even planning a vegan menu. Kev and Billy were fantastic too. The food was absolutely amazing, everyone at the wedding has commented how lovely it was. The rooms are great and everyone was made up with the price of them. We had an amazing day and would recommend Briars Hall to everyone. It was perfect!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing comments regarding your wedding with us back in May. I have placed a copy of your comments on the staff notice board for all to see. It makes my job very easy when we are dealing with lovely people and you fit into that category.
I appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were invited to an evening wedding reception here, and booked in for an overnight stay on 22/6 - it was brilliant - I've stayed in numerous hotels, and the service here was one of the best - everyone was eager to serve you, and smiled, and nothing was too much trouble - the evening reception was excellent - music; food; drinks; they just made everyone happy - then next day down for a full English, magnificent - I would definitely recommend staying here if you're in the area
K&C

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your amazing comments regarding the evening wedding reception you attended followed by an overnight stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and service we provide at Briars Hall. Your positive comments really do help me market the hotel, so thank you.
Next time your in the area please call in.
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Would like to thank the wonderful Briars staff for yet another fantastic celebration.... we celebrated our parents 60th wedding anniversary last week and had a fabulous time. Two years ago we celebrated our wedding there... both times fantastic customer service and great food ensured a very enjoyable experience was had by all. Thanks again to Billy for supervising our event. Best wishes to you all x

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your parents 60th wedding anniversary back in June. I am so glad you enjoyed the occasion nearly as much as your wedding 2 years ago!
Look forward to hosting your next special occasion.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had our wedding here on 23rd May, it was amazing from start to finish. The staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they really did ensure our whole day was perfect. The food was unbelievably beautiful, and we are still receiving compliments from guests as to how much they enjoyed it, there was more than enough and it was fresh and hot and really tasty. I required a gluten free meal and was accommodated for, and pleasantly surprised as to how lovely it was, there was even a plated buffet selection in our room for each of us at the end of the evening, and again, mine was gluten free. We felt we were treated like royalty the whole time and the next day at breakfast. With regards to value for money, we have absolutely no complaints, and nothing but praise for Paul, Karen and the rest of the fabulous staff at Briars. Our niece has now booked her own wedding here for next year and we are really looking forward to celebrating there again. We would definitely use Briars for any other functions in the future as our whole experience was totally faultless, from our first viewing with Paul, every meeting and phone call with Karen, the ceremony itself and the celebrations afterwards.
We would like to say a huge thank-you to everyone at Briars for making our whole experience a wonderful one, for us and each of our guests...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your wedding with us at Briars Hall. I am delighted that you had a great day. I have printed a copy of your comments and placed it on the staff notice board ( and highlighted the good stuff about me)!! No seriously it is brilliant for me to use comments like yours to motivate the staff. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We hadn't been here for six months but used to dine once a week prior to this. What has happened to the food, it used to be amazing. We just had "mains" Chicken salad with warm bread and a Chicken/brie/grape ciabatta. We were given free tortilla chips and dip but couldn't eat them because they were so greasy. The salad came with cold bread and the ciabatta was OK but nothing special. The fries were tiny bits like crisps. On the plus side the staff are very pleasant and asked how the food was. I replied that it was OK but not impressive. She said she was sorry and left us to it. This used to be one of my favorite establishments, think I will wait another six months before I try it again. Disappointed

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your dining experience. I am really surprised to read your comments because we had just altered the menus and the Head Chef we have in place takes an enormous amount of pride in the standard of food served in the Bar area or Restaurant.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to prove to you that your bad experience was an isolated one.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We decided to book our wedding with Briars based on the reviews we'd read on trip advisor. We were married on 6th June 2013 and had mid-week exclusivity.
As my husbands family travelled from London and Scotland we stayed the night before and ate in the hotel. Unfortunately they seemed under-staffed for our party which was around 25 people, as the mains were brought out extremely sporadically and my meal was the last to be served (as the bride I felt more annoyed than I would have ordinarily) and was missing the chips which had been served in sharing bowls approx 30 mins proir to when my meal arrived. So I had about 10 pieces of scampi for my meal. Obviously I wasn't happy about this but as it was my wedding the following day I was trying to not let it bother me, and hoping the wedding breakfast wouldn't be the same.
The following day was beautiful and sunny which I was pleased about, although it is worth mentioning there is no air-con at Briars as bridal makeup needed constant touching up due to humidity. Briars did provide fans, and we had our windows open, until a wasps nest swarmed outside the window (was like the scene from My Girl seriously!) Understandably wasps are nature but closing the window future increased the heat in the room.
Thankfully the wedding proceeded after this perfectly, we've had compliments from family and friends on how beautiful the grounds are, and how helpful the staff were. Our wedding ceremony went off perfectly, music was changed as requested and we genuinely cannot fault it, it was like a fairytale. Our drinks package was tailored to meet our needs, and served during pictures, which due to weather went on a little longer. Briars offered to push back our wedding breakfast by half and hour to take advantage of photo op and the food didn't taste reheated whatsoever.
Moving onto the food, it was silver service and there was more than enough to fill even the biggest bellies! The food was delicious and served efficiently. No complaints at all. The only other thing that annoyed me was as the food was served later people weren't as hungry for the buffet, and a lot of it went to waste, I feel like Briars could have held back a half hour or so. Subsequently I never had any of our evening buffet (we had sausage barms and chips), as Briars had cleared the buffet away, and when we asked if there was some left over we were told it had been thrown away-this annoyed me as the DJ didn't announce buffet was being cleared etc so food we'd paid for was disposed of without even having any (I hate waste!). When we retired to our room at about 11.30 I was hopeful that Briars may have put some sausage barms in our room as I read on another review how the hotel had done that for them, we did have some strawberries dipped in chocolate and a bottle of pink champagne with was lovely, but we were starved and 4 strawberries doesn't fill 2 people haha! We called down to reception who confirmed the buffet had been thrown away and they offered to make me a cheese sandwich instead. I was grateful, although it was very basic (bread, no butter, small side salad). However on checking out I was advised by Fiona there was £3.75 on the room for the sandwich. I'm not saying I expect free food everywhere I go ha but after all the money spent on our wedding, it would have been a nice gesture.
Despite these little niggles, the day was lovely, and Briars staff did their upmost to look after us. I'd like to say a special thanks to Karen, Paul (even though he is a wind up haha) who we did get on with very well, Billy our MOC, and Steve the DJ who again we received many compliments on during and after our evening reception.
I would recommend Briars hands down for your wedding. The value for money is second to none and our wedding pictures look amazing in the grounds. I'd love to do it all again!!! Thanks Everyone!

Room Tip: I only stayed in the junior and deluxe bridal suites, both excellent aside from no air-con.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We chose Briars Hall as the venue for our wedding on 26/05/13 as we had read so many positive reviews on here about the quality of the service they provide. As this was a second wedding for us both, we wanted a more personal wedding in a nice setting and Briars Hall proved to be the perfect choice. From our first meeting with the staff, we were made to feel special and they always found time to discuss issues with us when we were planning. Although there were a couple of minor hiccups along the waythe day itself was amazing. We can not praise Paul and his staff enough for the quality of the service they provided and the food provided really exceeded our expectations. We were also asked by Paul if we would like to move into the Stones restaurant in the evening (we had our civil ceremony and reception in the Orangery). We had not booked the Stones but it proved to be perfect for our evening entertainment!

As an experience I would recommend Briars Hall as everyone commented on the quality of the service and food provided. A great venue in a lovely location...and the weather was perfect too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your amazing comments about your wedding with us back in May. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your special day. I suppose the minor hiccups were down to a breakdown in communication and we were able to deliver to you the perfect day. I must say I was personally made up with your choice of evening entertainment and the Stones was perfect for that.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathom
Premier Inn Southport (Ormskirk) Hotel
#1 of 4 in Darwen
Rufford Arms Hotel
Rufford Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rufford

Been to Briars Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!