“Amazing wedding venue and amazing staff!”

Briars Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Lathom B&B and Inns
“Amazing wedding venue and amazing staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Me and my husband got married here on 7th July and stayed for 3 nights. Everything about this venue was amazing from the setting and the food to the staff, especially the wedding coordinator Karen. The staff on the day couldn't do enough for us and our guests and helped make our wedding day unforgettable.
It is also a lovely place to visit for your Sunday roast, think we will be paying another visit soon.
Mr & Mrs Watt

• Stayed July 2012
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your wedding with us. I will pass on your comments to Karen and I am delighted that we made your special day unforgettable. It is so important for us to ensure we give the best possible service and good quality food for all our guests to enjoy.
I look forward to seeing you soon for Sunday roast!
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had our wedding and reception at the hotel on 1st Sept and could not fault a single moment of it. The staff were excellent, attentive and could not do enough for you. Karen the wedding co-ordinator was excellent and really put us at ease before the day going through every aspect. The food - gorgeous! Our guests were raving about it! And the residents bar at the end of the night was a lovely finish to an amazing day! A lot of our guests stayed over and there was not a bad word said - the breakfast the next morning was excellent for the many hangovers!!

Thank you all the staff and management at Briars Hall for helping to making our day fantastic! We'll be regulars for your gorgeous roasts now!

Mr & Mrs Criddle

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your wedding with us at Briars Hall. I am delighted that you enjoyed your special day and that your guests also enjoyed keeping me up all night in the residents late bar!!!
I wish you all the best for the future and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Chorley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of attending our nieces wedding at Briars Hall, everything was wonderfull. The staff were always friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The banquetting suite looked spectacular and the food was excellent, even though they had a lot of people to serve everything was hot and no-one went home hungry.
There was a lot of small children in the wedding party and they had a wonderfull time playing on the bouncy castle and play area.
Everything went like clockwork we would definitley reccommend Briars Hall, Thank you Tanya and Martin for inviting us we enjoyed it so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your nieces wedding with us at Briars Hall. It was nice hosting a wedding with so many children and with the sun shining all day they were able to make use of the play area. I really enjoyed seeing some old school friends as I went to school with Martin so that was good to catch up with them. I'm glad that you enjoyed the food and that everyone had enough. I look forward to welcoming you back to Briars Hall in the near future.
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had our wedding and reception at the hotel and it was absolutely fantastic. A truly magical experience thanks to the excellent staff and coordinators, they liaised with us before the weding, during and looked after every need to ensure both myself and my wife and all of our guests had a memorable and enjoyable time. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding.

Ian and Jayne Storey

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your wedding with us at Briars Hall. We do try to ensure that there is no stone left unturned when it comes to the fine detail of your perfectly planned wedding. All the hard work was done by yourselves and may I say the colour scheme you chose really looked great in the Ellerbrook banqueting suite. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your special day and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Attended a 60th Party at Briars Hall. When I phoned up the Hotel they warned me the the single room I had was small but it wasn't that small hotel and the room was very clean and well presented - just what I needed. The Hotel is very popular for Weddings and Parties - good all round experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us after attending a 60th party. I'm delighted you enjoyed your evening and you found the room clean and adequate for your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had our wedding here on 31st August and had a really great day. As mentioned by previous people our experience from first being shown around by Paul to checking out the morning after the big day was excellent. We visited on numerous occasions and always found the staff friendly and welcoming.

The day itself went very smoothly thanks to Kevin our mc and the other staff (the one niggle was our pre ceremony music cd didn't get played). Lovely grounds to enjoy drinks after the ceremony and great background for photos.The food was lovely and staff very attentive throughout the meal. Quite a few guests commented on how nice it was.

The DJ booked through the hotel was great, entertaining the children before the adults were ready to hit the dancefloor! He played many of the pre requested songs!
We didn't have any of the evening buffet as we were still full from the meal though I was told it was lovely. All special dietary requirements were met both in the day and evening with no problems.

Our guests used 23 of the 24 bedrooms and the only complaint I heard mentioned was they were a bit warm but otherwise comfy. Breakfast was plentiful and again served by lovely staff who were very sympathetic to the many degrees of hangovers on display! (not helped by the accomodating residents bar!)

All in all we would highly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue (we looked at 10 and none could tick as many boxes on our extensive list as Briars Hall did) it's a lovely, friendly, unpretentious and excellent value for money hotel compared to some rip off venues!
Many, many thanks for making our day so special
Julie & Craig

1 Thank Julie B
Thank you so much for your amazing comments regarding your wedding with us at Briars Hall. I do recall showing you around the hotel for the first time and was delighted when you decided that Briars was the venue to host your special day. I really appreciate your kind words, I say the best form of marketing is word of mouth. Kevin still insists he played the pre ceremony music but maybe it wasn't loud enough for your lively crew!!
It was a truly amazing day, thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your special day.
To think I was only 30 seconds away from losing you without even showing you around on your first visit!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and seeing your photographs.
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We held our daughters wedding at Briars Hall and the whole experience was excellent, staff friendly and senior staff excellent relationship builders.

Many of our families stayed over for the night and the rooms where very clean and cosy, beds comfy although the bedrooms were a little warm but better that than cold.

Made all the children welcome

Good value for money

Room Tip: 222 top of the house and quiet away from bar and exits etc.