Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $75.00
from $80.00
from $79.00
2,075 results
All reviews fish hidden beach boat ride vallarta adventures puerto vallarta whale watching day trip paddle boarding scuba diving marine life blue footed boobies sea turtles national park great trip private boat eco tour smaller boat
Reviewed 2 days ago

We did a lot of research which tour to chose in order to actually get to the hidden beach on Marietas Islands as there seems to be a lot of tourist scam around. At the end we chose Ecotours Vallarta and they already gave us hints which day to chose in order to have the best chances to go to the hidden beach, even if they cannot give a guarantee. At the end we made it to the beach, but also the islands, birds, snorkeling and the way to the islands were already a great highlight, as we saw dolphins, turtels and lots of interesting fishes and birds. The guide had a lot of knowledge about the islands and the animals. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

A 50 minute boat ride took us from Los Peines Pier at the PV marina to the La Pared site north of the Las Marietas main island. Visibility was at least 70 feet, with a water temperature around 80F at 80 feet depth. All sorts of fish, and many varieties if boxfish, moray, narrow passes to swim through... and in between dives a group of stingrays were jumping out of the water at a distance! On of my best dives so far.
NB: only certified divers are allowed here, so best to book through a diving agency who know all about park restrictions here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice tour but if you're not good at swimming I would not recommend this tour. I struggled a bit and was exhausted by the time I made it inside the hidden beach. I also took my 10 year old daughter and she was very frightened by the waves. She almost didn't get out of the boat but luckily my tour guy helped her swim to the beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, Just returned from the Market as Island.
CONS: NOT calm waters. You got to be fit to swim agains the waves and snorkel at the same time. And I'm a cyclist.
The guide kept forgetting (I hope) that I was the only non-Spanish speaking person in the crowd and he kept going on in Spanish. I had to remind him to speak English..not comfortable. Two American couples both sweet and spoke English and Spanish. They were more concerned about me than the guide.

PROS: Bird watching. The secret beach. You swim through a natural whole into the secret beach and out again.But I wouldn't hire the same guide. I think the 5 of us tourists knew how to swim and made it less scary.
It's an adventure, not a calm and clear water easy breezy snorkeling. I give it 5 stars for the shear rugged beauty

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We took the Vallarta Adventures with Captain Julio, G and Jorge. While the waves were a bit rough that day, it looked as if we would not be able to swim through the cave and make it to the hidden beach. Alas, we got approval from the park to leave the boat and swim to the beach. The Vallarta team of G (Gebron) and Jorge were absolutely amazing! Their care for safety was paramount. We put on our helmets and they helped us through the cave without incident. It looks worse than it really is from afar. It was a quick swim and the reward was outstanding! We had the beach all to ourselves with some incredible pictures to remember the experience for years to come. Swimming out was much easier than swimming in; however, the Vallarta team was always by our side to insure a safe and enjoyable trip! I would recommend the Marietas as a unique experience and encourage anyone that is having second thoughts about swimming to the cave to make the effort as it is not only safe, but well worth it!

3  Thank aaron g
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

These are absolutely stunning. We snorkeled here and saw some awesome underwater life! We learned a lot about the history from our Vallarta Adventures tour guides. It was sad to see the garbage from the ocean in some areas. Take care of our environment humans! Places like this must be preserved. The beauty just leaves you without words.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Very useful info. My experience 13th August 2018:

From Puerto Vallarta center, took the bus to Walmart (7 peso pp). From Walmart, took the bus to Punta De Mita (31 peso pp) - there is a guy with a timetable outside the bus stop that can help you in English, the journey takes an hour and 20 mins, use your maps on your phone to confirm your GPS location before you get off the bus as where to get off isn't exactly clear.

Once you've made it to the beach, there are restaurants, water sport activities etc. I took my drone (DJI SPARK) out here and flew it across the rocks over the sea (away from any people!).

After that, went to the official tourist booth to book our ride to the islands. She was charging 585 peso pp for everything except for access to the secret beach and you will have to wait for enough people to fill the boat before you leave. To include the hidden beach in the trip, I was quoted 3500 peso pp.

Instead, waiting for any number of time didn't interest me so I went with another tour operator about a 7 min walk from the official office. They were named Riveria Mita Tours. They charged the same - 585 peso - and although they said we can leave immediately, we still had to wait for the boat to fill up. We did get official wristbands from this company. The boat sat 12 people before it left. This tour included everything except for the secret beach: 30 mins of snorkelling, 30 mins on a small beach to relax, the rest of the time driving between areas. We did pass the secret beach, saw it from afar for about 30 seconds. The driver then went to the other secret cove (no beach in this one but similar to the secret beach), we did drive into the cove which was amazing but only stayed about 20 seconds which I felt was a little ridiculous.

Further advice, put your swimming gear on before you get on the boat or in the hotel if you can. You will have to wear a life jacket even if your toes touch the water for safety. The secret/hidden beach is CLOSED on Mondays and Tuesdays (I went on a Sunday).

4  Thank Kerai08
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!
YOU DO NOT VISIT PLAYA ESCONDIDA OR PLAYA DEL AMOR!!! Do Not let them fool you!! Playa escondida or plata del amor is not on their itinerary. But it's on their front office advertising it. So why lie about it?? The crew is amazing but the deceiving info from owner by not informing the tourists is just plain disrespectful.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

The trip was fairly decent. Expect to wait about 4 hours on a boat taking turns to do activities. The lover's Island was BEAUTIFUL, however me and my wife were informed that everything was already included. That "part" of the tour cost us an additional 200 dollars. Very worth it, but don't go if you're not planning on spending those extra 200.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

I booked this a few days in advance knowing that the islas Marietas cave is Nationally protected and requires bookings in advance. Unfortunately this tour does not include access into the cave. This was the aspect I was most excited about for this trip. The photos on their site are deceiving, I am not mad I just think it's important for anyone booking this tour to know you will NOT have access to the cave. Otherwise the staff were great and friendly and the trip was overall goopd experience, just not what I thought I was organising and paying for. Hopefully one day we get to travel to Mexico and Puerto Vallarta and do this properly.

2  Thank natalia r