“I Kissed A Whale and I Liked It!”
Review of Pachico's Ecotours

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Aromas, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I Kissed A Whale and I Liked It!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just had the experience of a lifetime on my 3-day vacation at Pachico’s Ecotours in San Ignacio Lagoon. I not only had amazing, life-altering encounters with several gray whales, I also had the distinct privilege of meeting Jesus, Sabrina and Pachico. Their love of wildlife and passion for living were exceeded only by their warm hospitality and genuine concern that each guest in our camp had the best possible experience. I am now honored to consider these special people as part of my family.

During my sessions on the water I was able to observe whales breaching and spy-hopping, even while other whales approached our boat for petting at the same time!!! It was literally impossible to encompass all of the whale behaviors that were on display around our boat at any given moment. My experience in the lagoon was spectacular and surpassed my wildest expectations. I not only touched a few whales; I actually kissed a whale!!!

4 Thank RosemaryBar

San Jose
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Close Encounters of the Whale Kind”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

As our host Jesus said "Whales can teach you a lot about humanity". Can you imagine a 40 ton,
50 foot animal playing and acting like a puppy, swimming up to your boat for love and affection?
I still have problems wrapping my mind arround this experience. There are no words to describe these whales in this lagoon. They bring out the best in all of us.
Jesus, Sabrina and Pachico and their staff are the warmest hosts you could possibly imagine. The camp, and your room are clean and comfortable. The food is wonderful (they even cooked my wife chicken dinner because she doesn't like fish). I'm a Biology Teacher and San Ignacio
Lagoon just became my "Mecca", I will return every year to recharge my spirit.

5 Thank Cheryl C
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Magical, indescribable”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'll try to avoid repeating the other reviews and state we were not ready to leave after 3 days of whale watching and we all agreed that we will definitely do this trip again. We were impressed with the cleanliness, peacefulness, and the respect for the environment. The food was delicious and varied daily, the overall hospitality was unsurpassed, and the accommodations were perfect for the area. The weather can make or break your experience as the whales are more friendly and active when the sun is shining. However even on our one cloudy day the whale watching was amazing, just different. The effort in getting to the lagoon for a relaxing commune with nature is well worth it.

3 Thank nature_girl2_13
Sarasota, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome, amazing, beautiful experience!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My family had never been to Baja to meet with the friendly Gray Whales. We went to commemorate my mom, who had recently passed away and who had spent a great part of her life with the whales. We had the most amazing experience with those beautiful whales. It was mind blowing. I even got to kiss a little baby Gray Whale! What amazing emissaries of peace and unity these whales are. I will be forever grateful for that experience. Pachico and family, and everyone at the camp were welcoming and kind, knowledgable and easy to get along with. We ate delicious food and enjoyed our stay in one of their cabins - the beds were comfy, everything was perfect for us. We are a couple with a young adult child with mild developmental disability. She is a lot like a very shy 12 year old. Everyone was great with her and she had the time of her life. It really was an exceptional experience and we fully intend to return. I've already recommended Pachico's Ecotours to several people!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Magickfeet
Menlo Park, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Magical, serene, thrilling, and delightful!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I spent three days at this wondrous, tranquil sanctuary ... and have decided that we will come back every year!! We had seen the PBS show ("Saving the Oceans" with Carl Safina) and hoped to see whales and celebrate that they have a safe place on earth to mate and have their babies ... but we never expected that our experience would be so magical, so over-the-top fantastic!! We both feel that this was one of the most marvelous and relaxing and thrilling experiences we’ve ever had. We LOVED the food, and the solitude and serenity … and keep remembering the sound of those whale’s breaths, and the excitement of the whales coming TO OUR BOAT! and TOUCHING them! Jesus, Sabrina, and Pachico were wonderful hosts; the cabana overlooking the lagoon, set on a small hill, was enchanting ... and the bathroom facilities were simple and perfect. We loved gathering for happy hour in the "earthship" main room, and sharing great company and food (and cervesas!) and watching the sun set ... we can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Cynthia T