The Flycatcher Inn B&B Boutique Hotel Uxmal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Puuc(Oxkutzcab)
View Hotel
All reviewspuuc routelovely verandagarden settingnearby ruinstropical treesbeautiful place to stayour room was spaciousreception areayogurtrosakabahbirdsyucatanbirdwatchingjunglerutaretreat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2007

We visited the Flycatcher on our trip through the Yucatan over Christmas after staying at the Cascadas de Merida. It was hard to accept the heavy pricetag on this place considering the state of the rooms, the LOUD music that played all night, the lack of air conditioning, and the TERRIBLE service. The hostess was downright rude and she recommended a restaurant (the Pickled Onion down the street) that made us sick for 6 weeks and ruined part of our trip. When we told her we got sick from the food she didn't believe us and continued to recommend the restaurant. Uxmal is well worth a visit but I would stay somewhere else- even the great location don't make it worth it. Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ecogreer
Reviewed March 3, 2007

While I agree with others who have provided reviews of this B&B. I must admit I found the owner, who claims to have lived in the Santa Elena area for the past 15 years, lacks any useful knowledge of the area. She had no idea of where laundry could be done in the area! I've been to Mexico countless times and cannot think of a place I have stayed where there was not a small laundry service. Anyway, my wife and I located a small family run "Lavenderia" not more that 20 minutes from the B&B. It had been there for years - funny the owner of Flycatcher was not aware. Next, we were given very bad advise about the cenotes in Cuzama. The owner stated don't waste your time and go to the third cenote along the trail. Turns out the third cenote was the most spectcular of the three. I'm just glad I did not heed the owners advice as I would not have wanted to miss it. Finally, when we asked about other hotels in the area, we were told, no other hotels existed worth staying in. Again, the owner was wrong, as we found two excellent hotels in nearby Ticul. I believe the Flycatcher B&B may be in some sort of financial difficulties, as time and again I heard the owner tell others that they were fully booked up and if they did not reserve for additional nights they would not find anywhere else to stay. I found this odd, as we stayed three nights and were practically the only ones there. In addition we found lots of other places to stay nearby which were just as good as the flycatcher and quite a bit cheaper and with a lot more practical advice on what was available in the area.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sojo777
Reviewed December 31, 2006

The inn is lovely - a real change from typical tourist hotels; the owners are helpful, and we could tell Kristine and Santiago cared about their guests' comfort and enjoyment during their stay. We were supposed to stay here two nights, but upon arrival, we were told they had just learned that the villagers were having a very large party that night just adjacent to the inn (parties like this are apparently rare). We took their advice to find another place for our first night in the Pu'uc region (much appreciated as the party lasted until 4am) and came back for our second night. Breakfast was delicious, the room fresh and clean - I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Vacation-Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2006

We had a great stay. The place is very quiet and serene. The only sounds were heard were those of the jungle. Of all the places we stayed during our Mexican road trip, the Fly Catcher was the most peaceful and had the best water for bathing. I didn’t take any photos but the inn looks just like it does on their website. I recommend the Flycatcher for anyone traveling the area.

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2005

This beautiful Inn is located in the heart of Pu'uc region, noted for its many distinctive Mayan ruins, delightful cenotes and kind, generous people. If you are looking for a glimpse into a simpler life off the beaten path, stay more than a few days and you'll begin to feel more in tune with the pace of life in the village of Santa Elena. I enjoyed the quiet evenings on the patio and looked forward to the fresh fruit and good coffee every morning. Kris and San are a wealth of knowledge and insight regarding the people and places of the peninsula. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: April 2005