The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant
$180
$98
  • Pool
Hotel Uxmal Resort Maya(Uxmal)(Great Value!)
$45
Luxurycollection
$842
Hotel Puuc(Oxkutzcab)
  • Pool
All reviewsruta puucmaya stylesmaller ruinsvisiting uxmalmaya sitescoffee tableavocado souplocal ruinsqueen bedattached restaurantuxmal ruinsmosquito netyucatan peninsulacoffee makerceiling fanst elenaincluded breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here even if it was only for one night. We had a new adventure taking a second class bus out from Merida for one day to visit this beautiful place. Everything you read about it is correct. A great spot from which explore the area. Leaving St Elena we took a collectvio to Ticul and picked up a second class bus back to Merida. Beverly also says that buses pass out front and all you have to do is stand and flag them down.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
pickMerida, Owner at The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you for your comments they are really appreciated.
Happy that you enjoyed your new experience. Buddha says one should walk a different path everyday to experience all that there is and you certainly did and with success. Congratulations for leaving your fears behind... you did good! This may encourage other travellers not to fear local transport which are quite superior to what I use to know in Canada ! Easy to get around in and comfortable although a little cold at times as they like to have the airconditioner blowing full blast so best to take a sweater with you if you are travelling by bus .
Again thank you for your time and happy that you enjoyed your stay with me
cheers

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We ate in this great little restaurant several times. The food was all delicious, with a couple of vegetarian options and great meatballs cooked in a local sauce and the service was friendly. I was surprised by cake and a candle on my birthday which was lovely.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
pickMerida, Owner at The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your comments I really appreciated them.
The meatballs in mint (Albondigas con hierbabuena ) are actually a Yucatan dish which they make in most of the homes.The flavours of the meatballs with the mint and other ingredients make it quite exceptional in its taste.This dish is always well received with the special touches that are added.
I am happy you like your surprise for your birthday!
I hope you have many more happy travels along your way

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This lovely B & B in the heart of the jungle was a great choice while visiting the area. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, including a pool and lovely outdoor restaurant. There is a feeling of tranquility there, especially when hearing all the bird sounds. Valerie was an excellent hostess, spending time with each guest. And only 10 minutes from Uxmal.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
pickMerida, Owner at The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here...and for your Trip adviser comments
If you are ever in this area again know that you are welcome anytime...

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Valerie ,
just a note to let you know what a great time we had at The Pickled Onion, The rooms are spotless the food delicious ...an all around great experience .thanks for everything Joe and Lynn

p.s. I even enjoyed being woke up by the neighbors rooster

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
pickMerida, Owner at The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

So many thanks for your revue.Sometimes I look back to how it used to be... very dry and arid and I cannot believe how it has evolved ... the lushness of the gardens, the flowering plants etc . Sometimes i have to stop and take a walk around the property at times just to take in all.
i hope to see you again one day
take care

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband,Bob, and I stayed at the Pickled Onion when we visited Uxmal and surroundings. We knew we had chosen well when, as we were bringing our luggage in, Valerie introduced herself and asked if we would like a drink by the pool. Our drinks were waiting for us in short order and we got to watch a lovely sunset and unwind by the pool. I even managed to get into the over the water hammock! If you are looking for something more authentic than "all inclusive" resorts, this is your place. I could see staying a few days here to explore the town and surrounding ruins.The on site restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
pickMerida, Owner at The Pickled Onion B&B / Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for the time you took to write a review... it really means a lot to me.
People love the hammock over the pool it is so relaxing .... the sunsets are wonderful to watch and the rising of the moon is at times incredible ,lighting up the abundance of stars in the night. When it is a full moon it is like walking in daylight...swimming in a full moon certainly regenerates your energy.
I hope you can make it back someday and know you will be made welcomed
Again thank you