“Excellent dog and people friendly pub”
Review of The Three Kings

The Three Kings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyable Good Friday lunch at The Three Kings. The Friday special value fish and chips were delicious, and the straight from the oven berry crumble very tasty. The welcome was genuine and the service superb, if we lived nearer we would go frequently, highly recommended.

3KsFornhamAllSaints, Owner at The Three Kings, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch today because the signs outside said that it was dog friendly. What a wonderful welcome we received, including Barley, our Standard Poodle! The staff were so lovely. We were shown the menu and also the "Specials" board and told that on Fridays you could face 2 x fish and chips for £15.95. I was surprised that they even honour this on Good Friday. This is what we ordered because it sounded really good value for money. We were not disappointed. A big, moist piece of fish covered in crispy batter and a bed of hand cut chips and peas that were not dried up green bullets (as often happens in other establishments) and a good dollop of tartare sauce. Gorgeous! We then had the homemade crumble straight from the oven. We will definitely be returning!

3KsFornhamAllSaints, Owner at The Three Kings, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words, and taking time out to write this.
we love having well behaved dogs in are pub its a treat for us.
glad you enjoyed the food, and hope to see all 3 of you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

This pub provides good traditional pub food. Reasonable value for money and very friendly service. Specials board and different offers on during the week.

3KsFornhamAllSaints, Owner at The Three Kings, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and to give us such a positive overview. We look forward to welcoming you again sometime soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2018

We were visiting Fornham All Saints to view a house and popped in The Three Kings for lunch. I was worried because it was 1.50pm and they had a notice they serve lunch until 2pm so I thought they'd say they'd stopped serving. The young barmaid was very polite and friendly. I asked if we could have a Sunday Roast. The carvery was full but she said they could plate up a roast for us. We chose beef. It came and was delicious. I asked for horseradish,extra gravy and some peas. It was given to us very promptly and with a big smile. The atmosphere was lovely and they didn't have loud music playing which is such a relief.

3KsFornhamAllSaints, Owner at The Three Kings, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Thank you, very much for your kind words.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

I try and visit different eateries weekly. I made the mistake of trying this pub. Poor.
I was greeted with enthusiasm by the server and asked what I would like to drink before I even found a seat. My drink of choice is bitter lemon and orange juice. Not for the first time in Suffolk pubs, no bitter lemon. A pub running out of mixers? I went for a cup of tea.
I was handed a couple of somewhat grubby and well-used menus which showed fairly standard pub grub with a good choice available.
I went for the all-day breakfast, the first time I had gone for that option for years but just hit the spot, as it were.
In due course the meal arrived on a very hot plate which is usually a good sign but....O dear: the bacon was hard and very chewy, the sausages had been deep fried, two eggs, one of which was okay the other was hard and slightly burnt, a one round of thin toast which was more like a biscuit and no butter, despite me checking with the server that butter would come with the toast. The promised mushrooms were missing all together so had to ask for them, which was a mistake. They had either been pre-cooked and then deep fried or were nearly past their sell-by date. Whichever made them inedible.
No hot water was supplied with the pot of tea (maybe that nicety no longer pertains) so despite it being a big tea-pot I was unable to get a full second cup from the pot.
I did not want to make a scene as there was a wake going on in the pub but I did responded to the server's enquiry if all was well, that I was disappointed and I had eaten much better. I received no response to this comment. I paid and left.

3KsFornhamAllSaints, Owner at The Three Kings, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

our genuine apologies that you felt your visit to us was disappointing. We will take your comments into consideration. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.