“breath of fresh air”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

due to a bad experience havnt been here for a while , even though we live very close , other told us has new management and is better now , so went along to see for ourselves , very surprised , great service , great food and prices not over inflated as they were , well done we will be back

Reviewed July 3, 2014

With upmarket Décor from your usual Pub Bistro comes a nicer dining experience with quieter intimate surrounds but with it more expensive pricing. Not a huge selection on offer and mid $20 meals soon become $30 when half way down the menu. I had the $24 Battered Flake and Chips which was about par. The fish could have been plumper and was a little overpowered by the thick batter. My wife had the $34 Herb Crusted Veal. This was the most worthy of the price tag and was sizeable and flavoursome. Our 8 and 10 year olds where happy with the Kids meals priced from between $7 to $8 but with no thrown in extras i.e drink or sweet. The size was suitable for kids verging on needing the adult size and the Parma noteworthy. All in all a good meal and we left satisfied but not Wowed.!!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Staying with a friend in the Yarra Valley I was pleased when she invited me to take lunch at Launching Place Hotel as we have had many a meal there and have always come away with a warm satisfied glow. However, not sure if the hotel has changed hands in the past year - if not it must surely have changed chef or management. Being a Vegetarian (no I do not eat fish) I have always found a good selection of delicious food to be had here! So image my disappointment on being handed the menu to find that there was no Vegetarian choice and the only dish being offered was Gnocchi (the friend I am staying with is Italian and a splendid cook to boot - so I decide to pass on that and asked to see the Vegetarian menu. The waitress informed me (very kindly I might add) that the menu I was looking at was it!! So as I had been up since 5.30 and traveling most of the morning I opted for the two side dishes available which were Chips with Aoli and Green Beans with Fetta and toasted slivered Almonds. My friend opted for the battered Fish with Chips and Salad. The food was very good and the portions substantial, however the cost of these two meals (taken with iced tap water) was more thank one would expect to pay for 1 main and two side dishes. My advice is is you are a Vegetarian or are dining with one, go elsewhere.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Beautiful decor is what brought me back a third time to this restaurant, although I've always considered it to be expensive, considering there is no table service, you have to go to the counter to order everything, drinks and meals...which is fine, but additionally have always thought the service at the bar and counter is very mediocre.

No smiling, no care or concern. Time before this last it took us 2 hours to get all our meals and deserts. Just too slow, and when you ask what is taking so long, they are extremely uncaring.

However, tonight their service was just so bad, that it's definitely going to be our last ever meal at this place...and we are local to the area, and will never recommend them.

The owner is just plain rude, the staff need better training on how to deal with customers, and overall just needs a change of attitude.

The beautiful decor is completely spoilt by the service and over-priced meals.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We dined here on the night we stayed in Yarra Junction (at the lovely Rangeview Homestead). The food was good and a long way above standard pub food but the best bit was the room. The room is classy, cosy and charming with works of art, comfortable and elegant furniture, and fresh flowers. I can't think of anywhere in Sydney that still has this sort of feel.