All reviews olive trees garden suite self absorbed junior suite gorgeous pool negative side beautiful flowers gorgeous hotel amazing place attention to detail beach club spa property sea masseria terrace puglia
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

We spent a night here during Easter holidays. We two rooms, one for me and husband and the other for our 12 years old boy as it wasn't possible to have a room for the 3 of us. The only good thing about this place is that is close enough to Borgo Egnazia so that you can have a cocktail or dinner there. The waiter looked me with a wondering face when, after the fixed menu poor dinner, I asked for a dessert. The only thing that they were able to give me was an iced slice of Cassata that was impossible to cut. The gardens haven't seen the the gardener since months and overall you could feel the lack of details cure in everything. It was sunny and warm so we asked to have breakfast outside: not possible!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for a very peaceful, very luxurious, exclusive and isolated place then this is for you. The enormous pool, with natural spring water, is one of the most beautiful I have ever swum in. If you’re looking for calm, no noise, then this is for you. The good thing if you are looking for privacy is that you hardly see other guests, except breakfast, where they are all absorbed by their phones. You will need a car, as the place is hard to find,lost in endless fields of amazingly old olive trees,and if you want to go to the beach which is five minutes away, it’s very practical otherwise you’ll have to wait for the shuttle. Staff is helpful and polite.The restaurant is very good and you will need to book. The rooms are very luxurious, we had a garden suite. If you are looking for exciting night life, meeting new people, then this is not the place for you.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HotelDreams
Reviewed September 10, 2018

It is difficult to describe the property in detail !
It is a kind of hacienda hidden within a 100 hectars of orchard ; there is mostly olive trees , some very old , but also orange , lime , pomegranate and more.
The rooms are spread among several constructions all made of stone with huge walls.
Our junior suite has been very well appointed with two elegant bathrooms and old style furniture .
Something you rarely find in a hotel : perfectly silent powerful climatization !
The maid service has been efficient and undisturbing.
Among the marvels of the property : the swimmingpools. The main outdoor one is huge with at least 50 meters length an very wide incurring a closed circuit water supply.
The interior one is filled with hot and salty seawater .
The adjoining spa offers a range of procedures forhealing and relaxing the guest.
The breakfast team , made of ladies only , is very friendly and professional.
Everywere one is impressed by the extraordinary attention to detail and we were not surprised to find out that the MANAGING director is a woman...
It will be a pity if do not spend some time at the bar , one of the most elegant settings seen by us during travels all over the world
I can not forget the quality of the food and of the service at the restaurant

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cetatzeni
Reviewed September 9, 2018

This is a wonderful venue. I did not stay as a hotel guest but was there for the evening event. It was dark when i arrived and the whole place outside was lit with candles and discrete lighting. An outside venue had been erected for the meal and the whole atmosphere was wonderful. The food was excellent. I was particularly impressed by the fact that those of us who did not eat meat had a different menu in front of them. I did not even realise until the person next to me said that the next course was lamb which was not on my menu so we compared menus. The staff brought the correct meal to each person. Quite a contrast to a recent experience at another venue where 3 out of the six of us at a table did not eat meat. We were still served it and when we reminded the staff member we were offered a plate of potatoes as an alternative. The staff were very friendly and professional.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2018

This is no place for a single traveller, or, dare I say it, anyone other than self absorbed couples whose most significant relationship is with their phone.
Reception is housed behind ever-closed giant doors. Staff are sequestered behind a desk some metres away, and stay that way. My arrival experience was chilly, if not arctic.
The place is divine, the grounds, the buildings, the pool, the suites. Faultless.
The shuttle goes to the beach club, the golf club and their sister property, but not to the little town of Savelletri. Booking a taxi proved impossible - 'reception' informed me that I had to book ahead in this busy period, but not, unfortunately when I checked in, only when I wanted to get out.
I had prepaid 9 days. I checked out after 6 having given them 5 days notice. I fully understand their no refund policy but asked them to put the room up for sale online. They refused. without apology or empathy.
Unless you have a car and some company and don't mind eating at your hotel most of the time, this is not for you (or me).

Date of stay: August 2018