I stayed at the Bahia with a friend in the beginning of February and loved it! I know that there was a story on here earlier about someone being sick and having major issues at the resort, and I can assure everyone I now find this extremely hard to believe. We always had a minimum of 2 1.5L bottled waters in our room, and it was restocked daily. My friend had an ear issue when we were there and we went to the 24hour medical clinic on the resort waited a couple minutes for our turn saw the doctor (didn’t have to give any money upfront because she has medical insurance) they gave her the remedy, and they even gave her an appointment the next day to come back for a follow up.
The resort itself is magnificent. Really clean grounds, not outdated at all. The rooms were what I expected and the same as every Bahia Principe Resort. The only issue I had with our room was that there wasn’t any extra outlets in the room for us gals to plug in our straightner in. So anytime we charged anything we had to unplug a lamp or the tv. We seemed to luck out and get a room with 2 double beds. I overheard a lot of people on the resort complaining that they only got 2 singles.
The pool, beach, staff and bars were amazing. Every day was a blast. And the other vacationers at the resort were also very amusing. When you are going to an all inclusive resort you have to expect that there will be entertaining young people around. Instead of complaining about the drunk Canadians I will say it is what made our trip, especially the guys with the hats……Hi Monkey!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services: 4 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, mini golf, football pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 6 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 608 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BP USA TRAVEL INC, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan